Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

The new visa status next year? 2018/11/25 09:38
Hello please I want to ask here that Japan government introducing new visa status in next year in some specific industries as in these industries one is elderly care I mean mean care giver they will be awarded the qualify applicants with 5 year visa directly so I am now working as a care giver my wife also work the same shall I will be awarded with 5 or 3 year in my next visa updates because I have now one year extension please I need your ideas
by Alanwalker  

Re: The new visa status next year? 2018/11/25 18:14
Whatever status you have now will be unchanged by the introduction of the new statuses. You may or may not be able to change to one of the new statuses, however.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: The new visa status next year? 2018/11/25 18:29
An idea would be best to wait. Since finer details of the new visa system havent been announced, any talk of your status change would be pure speculation.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: The new visa status next year? 2018/11/25 19:12
My question is not about changing the status I mean that if the new status allowing the new care giver direct 5 year extension so I am already working as a care giver but have one year extension as spous visa if a apply next year for renewal is there any chance to get 3 year extension
by Alanwalker rate this post as useful

Re: The new visa status next year? 2018/11/25 19:41
The two things are completely unrelated.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: The new visa status next year? 2018/11/25 19:53
Not different things the main point is shortage of care givers and by giving them the facilities is one of the Japanese government main point so I am already care giver have a shakai huken and good record so I am only asking about your ideas and opinions how much chances is to get 3 year or 5 year extension

Re: The new visa status next year? 2018/11/25 20:30
And people gave their opinion and yet you just kept going...
Go ask the immigration, they are the one who decide.

As for the new visa/status starting next year, those are for new people, foreign labor/
the Japanese government is trying to 'attract' new cheap labour by giving creating/providing/restructuring new regulation on hiring foreign labour to overcome the labour shortage. Be it 1 year, 3 years, 5 years those foreign labour have to return back to their home country after finishing contract, no extension.

As for your case, anyone can say anything, whether to your liking or not, final say is up to the immigration.

You just do your best, get everything done nicely and just hope for the best. Also Spouse of PR status are different from Spouse of Japanese national, so criteria and circumstances on your status extension may differ.

Or you could spend extra money and hire immigration lawyer/services to make your case stronger?

Again, immigration bureau have the final say.

by @.. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: The new visa status next year? 2018/11/25 21:23
Your are right at some point of view but don't say that spouse of permanent is differ from spouse of Japanese I think spouse of permanent is more good from spouse of Japanese because getting permanent in Japan is not easy everyone know it you have to obey all the rules you have to sacrifice alot by following all the tough rules for many years to get the permanent a little mistake or penalty will lead your case to reject that's why being permanent resident in Japan is a very good and strong status as many Japanese are not follow the rules and have alot of penalty and etc but being permanent or getting permanent wants 100% nice and good so spouse of permanent is more strong I think as my brother is spouse of Japanese national but I not see anything different or specials being permanent in Japan means that you are more good from a Japanese national or same to a Japanese national so at this stage I only ask your ideas I know it's up to God and then up to immigration what will be my next extension but I put the points in front of you that also I am care giver now if I am not happy with immigration I can leave the job and also problem for the company and immigration because they need workers that's why providing new stays and long term so I am already working obeying all rules and also being a spouse hoping for my wife pregnancy next month all these can lead me to long extension??

Re: The new visa status next year? 2018/11/26 01:18
Okay so your visa status is spouse of PR.
The only way the new visa would apply to you is if you were applying for that type of visa. Otherwise itfs completly unrelated.

by .!. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: The new visa status next year? 2018/11/26 01:51
It doesn't matter what we think, as we aren't those involved in the development or interpretation of that visa status. I can be right in saying your chances are 37.89%. I could be ridiculously off. Bottom line is: asking here doesn't matter. We don't know how immigration is going to interpret the law. There's no point in asking us for our opinion, when it doesn't matter.

And please, do yourself, and us, a favor; learn how to use punctuation marks. Your posts are atrocious and very difficult to read. A twenty line run-on sentence isn't something I, or anyone, is going to try to read more than once. Present yourself a little better, for your sake.
by ..i.. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: The new visa status next year? 2018/11/26 08:07
Why would you want to change to a visa that allows you to me in the country for a max of 5 years? Maybe having to exit the country afterwards.

I missed the fact earlier that you were on a spouse visa. That allows you to stay for much longer as long as you comply with all the requirements.

There is no future options for permanency with these new types of visas. So I don't know why you would contemplate them.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: The new visa status next year? 2018/11/26 10:30
As said again, your status are non-related to the new visa/status.

Your extension are based on what you have been done in Japan, the documents that you submitted which are related to your status of resident.

You yourself mention the bureaucratic PIA paperworks. It is just the way it is here. They love their paperworks.

Another thing is 'Japanese', as I think you may have notice that being Japanese or anything related to Japan is a huge plus point.

So just try your best, put in as many good positive stuff you can on your application, pay your taxes, insurances, pensions on time and then hope for the best.

Good luck.

Re: The new visa status next year? 2018/11/27 06:26
Hakata 14 I am wonder why people not understand my question. My question is that I came to Japan legally on tourist visa as my brother are permanent resident he invite me and then I got married to a permanent resident and apply for change of status and luckily I got my status change with year extension without certificate of eligibility or any other trouble alot of people I see get alot of trouble and wait in changing status to spouse visa but I get it very easily. As there are general rules for spouse visa extension 1+3+5+ permanent or 1+3+permanent so I think now as I am working kaigo shi care giver which is more needed in Japan and from the first month I start my shakai huken my wife is living in Japan since 30 years never she delays the taxes she pay all 30 years all taxes .now I am also paying living together working the same work in the same company so what you think can I get 3 year extension in my 2nd update of visa?

Re: The new visa status next year? 2018/11/27 06:33
Yes, it's possible to get a 3 year extension on your next application.

The End.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: The new visa status next year? 2018/11/27 08:50
@Alanwalker

Just apply nobody know what you will get.
In your case EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE

by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: The new visa status next year? 2018/11/27 08:57
And so you wonder why, when your first 2 post keep relating your status to the new upcoming visa status.
And people here have pointed out to you, giving their opinion which you just ignore and kept going round and round.
And it just make it worse with your NO Punctuation, your post just got jumbled up.

Anyway, as I mentioned earlier, read between the line PR and Japanese, DOES make a lot of different.
And yes, you can get the 3 years extension, AND yes, you cannot get the 3 years extension.

So, just suck it up, apply when time is due, make good of your application and pray very hard so that the immigration will grant you the 3 years extension.

The final decision is up to immigration. If you don't like the decision, then spend your hard earn money, hire an immigration lawyer and fight your case with the immigration.

Yes, you can and no you won't.

Have a nice day.

Re: The new visa status next year? 2018/11/27 17:24
There are people who post here who only want others to confirm their opinion. They are not looking for anyone to argue with them -- they only want confirmation, not actual advice.
by Susan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: The new visa status next year? 2018/11/27 22:13
In my opinion, your case will be dealt with as the usual. This means that it will not be affected by the new immigration law directly.
The new immigration law is dedicated to the newly arrived foreigners benefiting from the program.

With that being said, how can the new law affect foreigners who are residing in Japan under other visa status law Spouse visa, working visa and so forth.
If the immigration office have a hard time processing all the profile, instead of giving 1 years over and over, they will may start giving 3 years to people under spouse visa.
I have not read the details. If you are under spouse visa, normally you will not get 5 years visa renewal. Usually the max is 3 years.
by justagaijin rate this post as useful

Re: The new visa status next year? 2018/11/28 07:56
@ (guest) I am not a native speaker of English and still can speak understand can write and you only speak one world of my own language then I will salute you

Re: The new visa status next year? 2018/11/28 10:17
@Alanwalker

You got opinion from other and advise.
It is up to you to read and to validate the correct information for you.

As mentioned Japanese Immigration is the right contact if you still do not know well.
Also it is up to the immigration what will happen.

I believe this discussion is ended
by justmyday rate this post as useful

reply to this thread