Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Vegetarian food restaurant 2018/11/28 08:19
We are travelling to Japan tour for 6 days with travel group from china. We are fully vegetarian and worried about food over there. Any one can suggest a good vegetarian restaurant in Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto and Nara OR suggest any other good option vegetarian food available. Can we carry some home made with us?
by Koti sr (guest)  

Re: Vegetarian food restaurant 2018/11/28 09:30
While waiting for other to reply ..

https://www.happycow.net/
You can start checking out above website for list of vegetarian places in Japan.

Also do a search in the forum as there are tonnes of info about vegetarian places recommendation.
https://bit.ly/2DPAPfh

by @.. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Vegetarian food restaurant 2018/11/28 10:06
1. check the happy cow website.
2. no you can't bring your own home-made food with you for a six-day trip.
by Umami Dearest rate this post as useful

Re: Vegetarian food restaurant 2018/11/28 17:28
In Tokyo there is a Ramen veggie restaurant T's Tantan, it is pretty famous.
In Nara, I went to a famous restaurant called Kamameshi Shizuka, it is not a veggie restaurant but I saw that they had a vegetarian set meal on the menu.
In Kyoto I went to Mumokuteki Cafe, it is a very cozy vegan restaurant/cafe close to Nishiki market. I loved their food! I spotted indian tourists there, so I guess it is a popular spot for vegetarian tourists.
I had a wonderful experience with vegetarian food in Japan. I also stayed at a temple in Mt. Koya, and as monks don't eat meat or fish, their veggie meals were the best! I also had lunch at a restaurant nearby called Hanabishi, the veggie set meal was so delicious!

Good luck!
by catiasmteixeira rate this post as useful

Re: Vegetarian food restaurant 2018/11/28 18:43
Nara will be the hardest, Osaka slightly hard, Kyoto no problem, and Tokyo is practically as dense with options as LA.
by Gregalor rate this post as useful

reply to this thread