Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Changing jobs during PR application 2018/12/3 16:39
Hi,

I have been working in Japan on an Engineer visa for 11 years now. I applied for my permanent residence back in June (start of the month). I just called the immigration bureau and the representative there said it's still under review and that it's taking about 8 to 10 months these days to get an application reviewed.

I have already accepted a new job offer and will be joining the new company from next month. I asked the representative about the procedure to which he said I have to submit the ÝEØ–¾¤ (zaishoku shomei) directly to the eijuken department via post or in-person.

My question is that, will changing jobs affect my chances of getting a PR? Is there any other document which needs to be submitted besides that? I understand I have to report the change of employer to the immigration bureau within 14 days, apart from that is there any other document required which will help my chances?
by AmrHsn  

Re: Changing jobs during PR application 2018/12/3 19:02
Official you do not have the PR yet.
So you still fall under the current visa.

If you change job it has to be in the same field which is allowed with your current visa.
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Changing jobs during PR application 2018/12/3 19:03
Maybe I can be wrong, but you could ask immigration for more information.
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Changing jobs during PR application 2018/12/3 22:19
Japan PR is a straight forward process or at lest it used to be 3 years ago when I got mine. You need to be in country continuously for 10 years (no visa gap), paid tax for all these years, no crime record and a decent purpose as to why you need PR
If all that is not changing due to change of job, it wonft affect the outcome.

My PR came exactly on the day I completed 10 years (I applied when it was 9.5 years of my stay in Japan) I had 6 months gap when I was outside of Japan but no visa gap. I hear if you have visa gap your clock restarts. But the 10 years requirement might be relaxed in recent days because japan in encouraging foreigners generally
by .... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Changing jobs during PR application 2018/12/4 20:37
Yes I have no PR Yet, my visa is still Good till 2020. I am changing jobs in the same field going from an IT job into another IT job.

Don't know why this time it's taking this long to get the visa processed. I have no criminal record, paid my taxes and nenkin for all these years I have been in Japan.
by AmrHsn rate this post as useful

Re: Changing jobs during PR application 2018/12/27 13:52
@AmrHsn

Thank you for posting. I'm in a similar situation now. I'm contemplating changing jobs but my PR application is in progress. I'm on a spouse visa. Any feedback from persons with similar experience will be appreciated. Thank you!
by Dk (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Changing jobs during PR application 2018/12/28 15:49
Official you do not have the PR yet.
So you still fall under the current visa.

If you change job it has to be in the same field which is allowed with your current visa.
by kuqizz rate this post as useful

reply to this thread