Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Unpaid phone contract automatically stop? 2018/12/12 06:08
Hello, i was in Japan for a while (less than a year though) and got a SIM card with contract attached. After i left Japan, somehow payment failed at some point (lack of funds on the card). I had such thing happen once while in Japan and had to pay to go to a 7/11 to pay the bill. Obviously since i'm not in Japan i can't do that and it's been months. I was strangely not charged for the following months (even though i added funds).

So i'm wondering if phone line get suspended (temporarily or forever) if you do not pay in a certain time span (if so, tell me how long it is) and in such case OR is it keeped active so ghosty months adds up to the bill (vicious!!)? I guess once if i ever want to get a new SIM, no matter if with same shop/career, entering my name will tell staff i'm in debt or so..? Please confirm, thanks.
by Jimmy (guest)  

Re: Unpaid phone contract automatically stop? 2018/12/12 11:19
I dont know if you have any future plans, but you will be registered as a person who is not paying.
Getting another subscription, credit cards etc would be difficult since all systems are connected with each other.

Secondly foreigners already have difficulty with getting credit cards, subscriptions etc because foreigners are known for not paying often. So I think you should really consider to contact the company and explain. Which you should have done much earlier
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Unpaid phone contract automatically stop? 2018/12/12 20:24
As guessed, i will be registered as such.. But you do not tell me wether the SIM is now OFF or still ON and in that case, money adds up to the bill. I'd like to contact that, but the provided phone number canNOT be called out of Japan! By the way, you (and anybody else replying) should tell me your experience (ie are you living in Japan, lived there for long, etc..), thanks.
by Jimmy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Unpaid phone contract automatically stop? 2018/12/13 09:11
first of all, most phone companies can be reached, docomo, softbank, AU, OCN etc.
Concerning to you sim, if you dont pay the phone company will disable your sim, but your bill stays open.

I do not know why you not even try to email, or contact any other way.

For anyone else who is replying, you could check people profile first.

Re: Unpaid phone contract automatically stop? 2018/12/13 14:33
By the way, you (and anybody else replying) should tell me your experience (ie are you living in Japan, lived there for long, etc..)

Or else?
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Unpaid phone contract automatically stop? 2018/12/13 20:16
As said, the number provided canNOT be called from outside of Japan. I wasn't provided any other contact info and i recalled about that phone contract just days ago. I can once again look for other contact infos of course, but that takes time.

I'm not sure to understand what you mean by "will disable your sim, but your bill stays open" : you mean i should pay for the bill that came BEFORE SIM got disabled, correct? Hopefully.. Please confirm. Thank you for the help.
by Jimmy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Unpaid phone contract automatically stop? 2018/12/14 10:46
Your payment will always stays open until.
I do not know why you cannot contact the phone company, since all major phone companies have international phone number you can call. You are not mention which company you are with but putting your question here will not change the fact you need to contact them. Nobody else can do that.

reply to this thread