Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Alien card registration at Narita Airport 2018/12/15 21:24
Hi all,

Just wondering how long it takes to get an alien card at Narita Airport? Arriving on a 6:30pm flight and the bus to Hakuba is at 8:30pm. Am I cutting it too close?

Kind regards,

SD.
by Sneaky_dragonfly (guest)  

Re: Alien card registration at Narita Airport 2018/12/16 08:48
What is an alien card?
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Alien card registration at Narita Airport 2018/12/16 09:11
What is your Status of Residence category?
If you are a temporary visitor, you don't get a resident card.
The term "alien" was dropped more than six years ago!
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Alien card registration at Narita Airport 2018/12/16 10:26
If you just need a 90-day tourist visa given at the immigration booth, 2 hours should be enough to get through immigration, pick up your luggage, and go through customs.
by Anaguma (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Alien card registration at Narita Airport 2018/12/16 12:26
They (the OP) might not be eligible for a temporary visitor permit (it's not a visa), that is why the country of passport they are using is relevant - only 67 countries participate in the visa waiver program.
But the point they are asking about getting a resident card suggests they are either not a simple tourist or just confused about the process.

Re: Alien card registration at Narita Airport 2018/12/16 16:38
My apologies for using the old terminology. It is the new residence card that I need to obtain when passing through Narita. From what I have read online there is dedicated lanes at immigration for those wanting their card however I am just wondering how long the entire process takes. I am coming on working holiday visa and haven't been to Japan since I was a child.

Kind regards,
SD
by Sneaky_Dragonfly (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Alien card registration at Narita Airport 2018/12/17 08:20
You could probably just got to your local city hall once you get to where-ever you are going to live and get it issued there? Most procedures like this allow two weeks to notify where you live and get replacement/updated cards.

However, apparently it is a pretty quick process. Check https://blog.gaijinpot.com/getting-your-japanese-residence-card/

Re: Alien card registration at Narita Airport 2018/12/17 08:33
You could probably just got to your local city hall once you get to where-ever you are going to live and get it issued there?

No. You don't get to choose where it is issued; if you arrive at Narita, Haneda, Chubu, or Kansai, it is issued there.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread