Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Going to Kanazawa from Osaka by passes 2018/12/16 20:58
I will to go to Kanazawa from Osaka.

Now I have Kansai Wide Area Pass covering up to Tsuruga, and Hokuriku Area Pass covering from Tsuruga to Kanazawa.

I know that there are direct Thunderbird trains from Osaka to Kanazawa. However, with these 2 passes, do I need to change the train at Tsuruga station (because each pass doesn't cover the whole route)?

Thank you.
by Surachest  

Re: Going to Kanazawa from Osaka by passes 2018/12/17 06:52
No. That would inconvenience a lot of people if the system were like that.
The train conductor has no idea where you are going or getting off. If he passes through looking at everyone's tickets, just show your passes.
You don't say if you are returning back the same route and making the passes pay off.
For Kanazawa, there are some really good sights - ignore them all if you must but don't miss the Kenrokuen Garden - it really is one of Japan's finest.
https://youtu.be/riB-vzWNKLM
by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Going to Kanazawa from Osaka by passes 2018/12/19 22:59
Dear Ken,

The problem is how to pass the turnstiles at Osaka and Kanazawa stations? I use Kansai Wide Area Pass to touch the turnstile at Osaka station but what about at Kanazawa station? Can I use Hokuriku Area Pass to touch the turnstile to get off despite the fact that I haven't used it to get on yet?

Thanks.
by Surachest rate this post as useful

Re: Going to Kanazawa from Osaka by passes 2018/12/19 23:28
You do not use the "turnstiles".
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Going to Kanazawa from Osaka by passes 2018/12/19 23:33
So I just show the pass to the officer and go through the manual gate?
by Surachest rate this post as useful

Re: Going to Kanazawa from Osaka by passes 2018/12/20 00:27
The Hokuriku Area Pass comes in a booklet form like this https://goo.gl/images/owj22V
So you have to go through a manned exit/entrance
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread