Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Replacement Christmas light bulbs? 2018/12/18 17:14
Is it possible in Japan to get the replacement bulbs for the Christmas light sets they sell in Japan? those tiny little bulbs in a light set. Because light sets in Japan automatically have flasher lights in many of the sets, and I keep accidently getting flasher ones, and really dislike flashing type and its more energy consuming and harder on the bulbs, so I remove the flasher bulb put in the one replacement bulb they provided of a regular non-flasher light but I need two for one set and they only provided one replacement bulb of a regular non flasher bulb. I checked amazon but only get results of import bulbs from the U.S. going for 30000yen/300 dollars for a few bulbs which is ridiculous, maybe I am writing the wrong term in Japanese, I am not sure which term is used for spare replacement Christmas light bulbs.
by lights (guest)  

Re: Replacement Christmas light bulbs? 2018/12/19 09:06
Err.. could you be more specific on the type or make of the lights you are talking about ?
size n wattage?
Battery operated or not ? Indoor or outdoor ?

Where or what the name of the shop you bought the lights?

Ask from the shop where you bought it?
Or go to any electric shops or home improvement(home center) and bring you light bulb as sample.

At least show the amazon links or point us to something, and someone may pick it up from there.
by @.. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Replacement Christmas light bulbs? 2018/12/20 11:06
I can't find such a expensive light set by shoppong web.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%82%AF%E3%83%AA%E3%82%B9%E3%83%9E%E3%82%B9...
by biwakoman rate this post as useful

Re: Replacement Christmas light bulbs? 2018/12/20 13:28
@ by @.. (guest) ---the specifications are 100v and it provides some other information lik 0.15-0.8A (which I am not sure what that is about), its those bulbs you see in standard light sets, the regular ones put on a Christmas tree, not bigger or different shaped bulbs.
@biwakoman --I am talking about replacement bulbs not a whole entire light set with the coord, just the bulb parts
I finally found them on my own, well at least a few being sold by a seller on amazon, with a limited quantity left so I will just purchase them couldn`t find it anywhere else. Seems people in Japan just throw a whole set of lights out and replace with a whole new set and are content with flasher style light sets.
by lights (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Replacement Christmas light bulbs? 2018/12/21 09:55
Seems people in Japan just throw a whole set of lights out and replace with a whole new set
Well that seems about the way to go if replacing a few bulbs cost is not worth the cost and effort, just get a new whole one and be merry.
If you were to checkout some of the 100 yen shops, they do carry battery operated decoration festive lights.
by @.. (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread