Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Mobal Japan Sim Experiences? 2018/12/20 01:39
I searched and only found really old threads about this company, Mobal Japan.
https://www.mobal.com/japan-sim-card/

I'm looking at the 30 Day Unlimited with voice and data and was wondering if anyone has used any of their sim cards recently? What was the experience like?
by curious (guest)  

Re: Mobal Japan Sim Experiences? 2019/2/18 15:24
I've been using a SIM of theirs for the past few months. They are the rare (only?) one that gives you a Japanese mobile phone number.
by APajo rate this post as useful

Re: Mobal Japan Sim Experiences? 2019/3/7 13:28
I've been in Japan nearly a week now using a Mobal Japan 30 day Unlimited sim and I thought I would update this thread.

Things started off rocky last week before I departed for Japan. Mobal Japan is supposed to create an account for you when you buy the sim card and send you an email with the account details. They failed to do so for me, but a quick email to their support team and my account was created right away.

In Japan, I have no complaints. The furthest I've been from Tokyo so far is Nikko and I always had a signal.
This particular package comes with unlimited data and a working Japanese phone number which I've been able to use a few times.

I highly recommend this solution if you want both data and phone number but they do have options for just data if that's all you need.
by curious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Mobal Japan Sim Experiences? 2019/3/9 04:37
curious,

I'm glad you got your issue straightened out in Japan. I'm also researching data SIM in preparation for my trip to Japan. Although I'm glad you have no complaints, I'm looking for something more simple. My ideal data SIM would be just to plug it into my smartphone and it's ON. Or if I have to adjust/tick off a few settings on my phone, I'm OK with that and probably that's as far as I want to go. Not sure what I'm looking is out there though. I can't imagine not.

by Sydney (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Mobal Japan Sim Experiences? 2019/5/16 23:29
awesome I will book mark this supplier. Im guessing it will work anywhere in japan from main island to hokkaido yes?
by r43534 rate this post as useful

Re: Mobal Japan Sim Experiences? 2019/5/20 17:48
As long as there is LTE coverage
by haens rate this post as useful

Re: Mobal Japan Sim Experiences? 2019/5/20 20:07
hi,

I actually also left a post on the forum about Data Sim for Japan, but nobody commented on mine.
I noticed Airports have vending machines that have different Data Sim deals, according to my knowledge Umobile don't have bad deals, but they don't offer unlimited like the site you guys provided.

I guess 5990Yen is not bad for 16days Unlimited Data Sim on the website.

Umobile offers 200mb per day for 4000Yen via their vending machine, little bit cheaper but not unlimited.

I also cant seem to make up my mind, I need a sim when I visit but cant seem to decide which will work out better.
by Frankie (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread