Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Otaru's Temiyasen Kaijo area 2018/12/20 15:43
we plan to visit Otaru's Snow Light Path Festival which held at Unga Kaijo and Temiyasen Kaijo area. Could anyone tell us precisely how to get to the Temiyasen Kaijo area that is going to be lighted up from Otaru Station? We plan (if the weather is not too cold) to walk via Chuo Dori towards the Unga Kaijo area in the canal.

I also read there's the Stroller Bus that connects all Otaru sightseeing point but does it effective for the snow light area or we'd better walk? Would the Stroller Bus still operate every 30minutes during winter evening? We might want to take the bus going back to Otaru Station
by SakuraBunny888  

Re: Otaru's Temiyasen Kaijo area 2018/12/20 16:44
I canft answer your specific question but I can tell you the pavements in Otaru will be very slippery and icy. Itfll also be very cold with the wind from the waters.
by grobea rate this post as useful

Re: Otaru's Temiyasen Kaijo area 2018/12/20 22:51
It takes 10 minutes from Otaru station to Unga Kaijo other than winter.
It must be tough to walk people who do not accustomed to snow.
If you take a taxi, it cost you around 800yen to Unga Kaijo. I recommend a taxi would be better to walk.

I read a article about Stroller Bus/Shuttle bus at last year. Chuo Bus offered it from Otaru station to snow light areas. I can't find it in Chuo Bus website at this moment.

http://teikan.chuo-bus.co.jp/en/

by mm (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread