Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Real or fake ring safe on the street? 2018/12/27 04:17
I am planning to propose to my girlfriend of 9 years in japan on our next trip. I know japan is considered very safe and not prone to pick pockets as compared to places like rome or berlin but I wanted to get opinions on whether to take the real engagement ring or if I should propose with a fake ring to keep it safe? The real ring is of course insured.
by Proposer (guest)  

Re: Real or fake ring safe on the street? 2018/12/27 08:46
Take the real thing....
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Real or fake ring safe on the street? 2018/12/27 10:09
Take the real thing.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Real or fake ring safe on the street? 2018/12/27 22:38
Whatever you do, don't use a fake/temporary ring. Use the real ring, or don't use any items at all and just propose to her. If you use a real ring, stay at a good hotel you can rely security on.

And if it's an insured ring you recently bought, there would be little damage even if it happens to be stolen. On the other hand, if it's something that had been carried on in your family or something with big memories/background, the damage of losing that would be huge even if it's worth very little money.
by Uco rate this post as useful

reply to this thread