Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japan trip train tickets advice 2019/1/3 00:47
My friends and I plan travel to Japan(13days trip) during the start of April 2019. We plan to go Osaka, Kobe, Kyoto and Tokyo. However we are overwhelmed by the train systems and maps in Japan. The price of the day pass seems to be worth but also expensive if not fully utilise..
My question is if I were to spend 4 days in Osaka, Kyoto and Japan while one day in Kobe, what is the cheapest way to purchase the train tickets or pass? Should I buy the IC card or day pass, which is more worth, and which train company to go to?
If you are kind enough, you could give me suggestions on "must go" in any of these places :)
Thank you in advance!
by Lee Chuan Zhe (guest)  

Re: Japan trip train tickets advice 2019/1/3 09:19
Sounds like you need an IC card for all the short stuff around Kansai (Osaka/Kobe etc) and a one-way shinkansen ticket up to Tokyo. Even to make the 7-day pass pay-off you need to do a round trip Osaka/Tokyo.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread