Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Working in Japan for oversea company 2019/1/4 17:32
Hello,

I will work from the summer for a German company from Japan, mainly for sales purposes. However this company does not have an actual branch, subsidary or similar in Japan.

So I wonder if that would work with the salary paid from the German company and also what about pension and health insurance? I guess I would need to join the national health insurance privately or how does that work? And what about the pension? I worked several years in Germany and also in Japan and also know that both of these count, because Japan and Germany have an agreement regarding this, but what about the case I work from Japan for the German company, will this be deducted from my Sakarya, the same as I would be actually be living in Germany?
by Ichimaru1981 (guest)  

Re: Working in Japan for oversea company 2019/1/4 19:49
1st are you in Japan now with a resident status ?

If not, how or what visa do you get to start work in Japan for Germany company?

Who will sponsor/guaranty your visa application for working in Japan since you say the Germany company doesn't exist in Japan?

If you don't have visa, you will not get residence status which then, you won't be able to do pension or insurance (kokumin or shakai hoken) nor tax.

by @.. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Working in Japan for oversea company 2019/1/4 22:23
I do process a permanent visa, since my wife is Japanese.
by Ichimaru1981 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Working in Japan for oversea company 2019/1/5 07:01
As far as Japan is concerned, I believe you will be `self employed`, and work as a `consultant` - and be under obligation to arrange for and pay tax, pension, and health insurance directly.
by Paul (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Working in Japan for oversea company 2019/1/5 08:58
Are you actually employed and paid by the company in Germany? That makes a difference. But, as you are living in Japan under a PR status (based on what you said), you have responsibilities to be enrolled in pension/social insurances and pay your taxes. Depending on tax residency/tie-break agreements between Germany/Japan depends where you actually have to pay (or be refunded) from.

Advice - go see an accountant.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread