Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Do employees pay for their mistakes in JP? 2019/1/6 00:08
On my last day in Japan, I was buying a number of JDM watches from Yodobashi, and I left the store in a hurry as I was rushing to the airport.

Only at the airport did I have the chance to check the receipt, and I was shocked to find out the salesperson undercharged me \40,000 for 2 watches (by charging me for cheaper models).

Was just wondering will this poor fellow get his salary or bonus deducted? And do Japanese companies in general make employees pay for their mistakes?

by RZ (guest)  

Re: Do employees pay for their mistakes in JP? 2019/1/7 00:03
It's against the law for a company to deduct money from an employee that caused the loss. But the employee can still get in big trouble, including a poor bonus than usual for some blurred reason.

By the way, I once went up to an employee of a major American airline company to pay a lot of money that another employee failed to collect from me. The employee I faced said to me, "Thank you for being honest, because otherwise the other employee would have gotten into big trouble." I'm also glad I was able to contribute to the American economy by using up the remaining USD before leaving the country.
by Uco rate this post as useful

reply to this thread