Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Local, not that big firework festivals 2019/1/6 08:48
Hi, Ive been a fan of anime, and they usually show the characters participating in their hometown fireworks festivals and i was wondering if there is any way i can get to know of these lowkey, really local firework festivals
by Muhammad Farid  

Re: Local, not that big firework festivals 2019/1/6 18:09
Hanabi in Japan is a predominately summer activity. If you are in summer in Japan you can check out webpages such as:
https://hanabi.walkerplus.com/

Here you can filter for region and day. I am not sure if it contains ALLhanabi but if you go to more rural areas you will see the smaller ones. An other option obviously is if your region is already decided, that you just ask locals or look for the local advertisement. In Japanese cities there are normally information boards and the publicity for your local Matsuri or fireworks ԉ are normally easily spotable because they use images.

Enjoy Japanese fireworks!
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Local, not that big firework festivals 2019/1/6 18:53
Hanabi in Japan is a predominately summer activity. If you are in summer in Japan you can check out webpages such as:
https://hanabi.walkerplus.com/

Here you can filter for region and day. I am not sure if it contains ALLhanabi but if you go to more rural areas you will see the smaller ones. An other option obviously is if your region is already decided, that you just ask locals or look for the local advertisement. In Japanese cities there are normally information boards and the publicity for your local Matsuri or fireworks ԉ are normally easily spotable because they use images.

Enjoy Japanese fireworks!
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Local, not that big firework festivals 2019/1/6 23:42
What do you mean by "participating"?

Typically, firework festivals are something that anyone is free to "watch". There is no real participation there. You just sit, maybe have a picnic, and watch fireworks for a couple of hours. These festivals are held at almost any "shi" (town with population of more than 50,000 people). The closer you get to the fireworks the busier the crowd and traffic. If you go further from the fireworks, you can enjoy a very low key atmosphere even in the middle of Tokyo.

If you happen to be talking about people holding sparklets and lighting them by themselves, that's not really a "festival". Anyone is free to buy a pack of sparklets, gather with friends or family, and enjoy them at a local park or home.

In any case, fireworks/sparklets are a summer treat in Japan. For teenagers, it's a good and healthy excuse to ask a girl/boy literally out at night and maybe dress up in yukata.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Local, not that big firework festivals 2019/1/9 11:40
Hi, Thank you for your replies! With the new information you guys have provided me with, hopefully I can go and explore and enjoy some hanabi festivals!
by Muhammad Farid rate this post as useful

reply to this thread