Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Going to Niseko after May 6th, 2019 2019/1/9 17:29
Hi! We will be in Hokkaido May 8th, planning to visit Niseko, is it still recommended? we are not looking to ski but just want to experience snow and maybe just explore the town? will most of the restaurants and hotels be operational? Thanks
by Michele Ng (guest)  

Re: Going to Niseko after May 6th, 2019 2019/1/9 22:36
Around days schedule is the key.
by Cino (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Going to Niseko after May 6th, 2019 2019/1/10 01:38
If you're not going to ski, then I would say a visit to Niseko is not recommended at that timne of year. There's nothing really of interest in the town to warrant a visit just for general sightseeing. There should still be some snow but you'll see that elsewhere in Hokkaido and won't need to make a special trip to Niseko just for that.

Most hotels will still be open but it's right at the tail end of the season and some of the restaurants will probably be closed by that point.
by wakarahen rate this post as useful

Re: Going to Niseko after May 6th, 2019 2019/1/10 08:18
Thank you so much for your recommendation. This really helps me. May i ask if you can recommend a place in Hokkaido where we can experience snow, preferably with a hotel/ resort where we can stay where there is snow around the property?
by Michele Ng (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Going to Niseko after May 6th, 2019 2019/1/11 13:02
You can visit to ski resorts in Sapporo city. Some of them are open May 6.

http://www.sapporo.travel/special/feature_article/ski_resorts/?lang=en

It is ok no ski, just enjoy snow, and restaurants are available ski resorts.

by mm (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread