Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Can I get a work permit in Japan? 2019/1/10 00:31
Hello senior members here, I have a plan of obtaining a Japanese visitor visa, I am yet to apply for the visa, but I want to know if there's a possibility for me to get an employment and a workpermit in Japan as a visitor visa holder. I will be grateful to receive a reply from senior members here, thank you.
by Jacob70  

Re: Can I get a work permit in Japan? 2019/1/10 07:57
Technically you can apply, but I'd say the odds if it being granted are fairly low.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can I get a work permit in Japan? 2019/1/10 08:35
Most companies dont hire people if you are just a visitor.
You need to find a company who can support you and arrange a working visa.

But the change you will find is small and the process takes long time.
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Can I get a work permit in Japan? 2019/1/10 09:38
Last time I looked at job ads many companies advertise with the requirement must be living in Japan. Visitor visa/permit does not meet that requirement.

Can you look for a job, yes. Chances of getting employment, low - assuming you can speak/read/write Japanese and have a skill in demand. (and yes, there are some jobs that do not require Japanese, but they are even more uncommon)
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Can I get a work permit in Japan? 2019/1/10 09:41
Itfs not impossible, or even necessarily difficult, to get hired as a tourist. It really depends on what line of work you are trying to get into, your qualifications, experience, etc. For some people it would be easy, but for most itfs more complicated than just moving to Japan after getting a job. We need to know more about you, and what you are actually trying to do here, if we are to answer this question in any detail.
by LIZ (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can I get a work permit in Japan? 2019/1/10 10:19
Wait, what does OP mean by "work permit"?

Re: Can I get a work permit in Japan? 2019/1/10 12:42
I mean, presumably one of the residence statuses that allows full time work?
by LIZ (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can I get a work permit in Japan? 2019/1/10 12:45
Well, I don't know, to mean it means permission to engage in out-of-status activities...

Re: Can I get a work permit in Japan? 2019/1/10 13:59
Since the original poster says gobtain employment,h so it sounds like he/she is looking for a gwork visa.h (To the OP, please note that there are different types of gwork visa,h and also a gpermit to engage in activities other than those allowed on your statush – sometimes referred to as gwork permith - for example, those on gstudenth visa/resident status or gdependenth status getting a permit for doing part-time job. So it might be better to make sure what you mean.) And those on "temporary visitor" status cannot get the work permit to do part-time work.

Assuming that you mean gwork visa,h OP, if that is the case, you need to qualify for one of the many gwork visah types, each with its own qualifications and conditions, for example, educational background, current skills/qualifications, or past work experiences. Just because you come here as a gvisitorh (temporary visitor status), does not make you any more eligible for a work visa.

https://www.mofa.go.jp/j_info/visit/visa/long/index.html

Re: Can I get a work permit in Japan? 2019/1/10 14:22
Thank you very much for your replies. God bless you all.
by Jacob70 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread