Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Getting Married while in Japan and working 2019/1/11 12:31
Hello,
Can anyone help me answer this question?

I have decided to marry my girlfriend of 10 years and will change to a spouse Visa.
The question is: if my Visa which has been changed from a working visa to a 1 month designated activities visa. Can I get married since I'm in Japan and still work while they approve the change of the Visa to a spousal Visa?

How long do you reckon it would take?

Thank you to all of you who could kindly help me with this question.
by Tim Tyler  

Re: Getting Married while in Japan and working 2019/1/11 13:14
The same gc(guest)h who answered the other question of yours.
I donft know what gdesignatedh activities they put you on for, so I cannot tell if it is OK to work on it. If you are already on gdesignatedh status that excludes working, and now get married and apply for a change to gspouse of Japanese nationalh status, youfd need to wait until the new status is granted to work.

So you have been together with your Japanese girlfriend for the past 10 years, and have records (e-mails, letters, possibly living together?) to show that?
The reason I ask is, because youfve had your status changed from gworkh to gdesignated activities,h and NOW you are getting married and applying for a change to gspouse,h the immigration authorities *might* see it as a marriage just to get out of the current tight spot you are in. So be ready for questions about how you met, how long youfve been together etc. It can be from a week, a few weeks, who knows. Best wishes.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Getting Married while in Japan and working 2019/1/11 13:53
And certainly you can get married while you are in Japan - people on Temporary Visitor status can get married too - I hope you can quickly get all the documents you need to get married.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Getting Married while in Japan and working 2019/1/11 22:44
Love Japan,
Just curious but how many years ago did you get married?
by Guest (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Getting Married while in Japan and working 2019/1/11 23:54
Love japan
So let me get this straight, you are in a sham marriage just so you could stay in japan?
by ..1. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Getting Married while in Japan and working 2019/1/12 00:26
Is that you Alanwalker?
by @.. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Getting Married while in Japan and working 2019/1/12 10:11
Hi All,
Thank you for all the messages about getting Married. I have the same girlfriend for 10 years now so we were planning to get married this year anyways. I just decided it was time when the immigration officer was fucking with my regular Visa and putting me on this designated visa because they found out about other jobs that I had on the side.

I donft want to leave Japan as I have a child in junior high school.

I have one more question and this is an important one.......when we get married........

will my National health insurance statements be sent to her or can I still keep my doctors visits private?
by Tim Tyler rate this post as useful

Re: Getting Married while in Japan and working 2019/1/13 03:56
It could probably be easier, getting your girlfriend a K1 visa,to live in the US ,if you are an American, Japanese are considered low risk for visa marriage fraud , she could not enter the US during the visa application process,after the visa is approved,she has 90 days to marry you or her visa will be voided,their is enormous amount of paperwork to fill out on the application ,l am not a lawyer,but the process can be really time consuming Google K 1 visa
by Supremeliberal (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Getting Married while in Japan and working 2019/1/16 10:34
Thanks for all the insights.

I need to know about how long it would take to get back my guyjean card and if Im living in Japan can i still continue on my public national health insurance as long as I am paying monthly?
by Tim Tyler rate this post as useful

reply to this thread