Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Buying Asahikawa train tickets 2019/1/12 03:25
plan to take the 21.00 train from JR Sapporo to Asahikawa on a Sunday in February . this would be my first time buying across town train tix from vending machine. Could I buy it upon my arrival date or only on my travel date? also, do i need to select the time ? what would happen if I could not ride the train on my selected time? I would choose the unreserved tix one.

by SakuraBunny888  

Re: Buying Asahikawa train tickets 2019/1/12 16:34
If you are going to travel around through Japan why not buy an IC card? So much easier than needing to buy a new ticket each time.

Generally speaking youcanbuy tickets either at vending machines (they come mostly with some English menu) or at a ticket window from an actual person.
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Buying Asahikawa train tickets 2019/1/12 16:55
Hi LikeBike
most of the time, i'd use my JR Pass for the big journeys. and for the small ones sometimes there're day passes that would value more than the IC Card such as the weekend Donichika tix and Obihiro's Tokachi Pass. So i'd pass the IC card
by SakuraBunny888 rate this post as useful

Re: Buying Asahikawa train tickets 2019/1/12 16:55
If you are going to travel around through Japan why not buy an IC card? So much easier than needing to buy a new ticket each time.

IC cards cannot be used to Asahikawa; besides OP is probably planning to use a limited express.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread