Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Aso-San: time need once on site? 2019/1/14 05:02
Good morning,

Once arrived at Aso-San crater (apparently 35 minutes bus from Aso-Eki by bus then 30 minutes on foot) how long did you take to visit the area ?

I'm planning to follow the following route within the same day:
Kumamoto Eki------Aso Eki Mae------Aso-Eki Nishi (crater)----After visiting the area (it seems that I'll have arround 1 hour on the crater area) I'd like to take the bus back from Aso-Eki Nishi to Aso Eki Mae then take the last bus going to Kurokawa Onsen. From the bus timetables it seems feasible. May I ask you what you think about this itineary ?

Thank you very much for your advice.

Hikari
by Hikarinodensetsu  

Re: Aso-San: time need once on site? 2019/1/14 11:12
At the crater itself, you will typically spend 10-15 minutes. The area around the crater gets often closed due to strong gases or bad weather, so there is a risk you can't even go there. Even when the crater is open, the gases can be pungent. There is a shuttle bus between the bus station and the crater, but you can also walk as you suggested. If you walk, you will spend most of your stay walking up and down. It is not a particularly interesting walking trail. I think there is a shop or two around the lower ropeway station.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Aso-San: time need once on site? 2019/1/14 15:38
Good afternoon,

Thank you for your answer.
Just before going to Aso-San I'll check the condition, it seems to be quite stable since several months..

"There is a shuttle bus between the bus station and the crater, If you walk, you will spend most of your stay walking up and down. It is not a particularly interesting walking trail" - - - -> Does it involve additional fees?
by Hikarinodensetsu rate this post as useful

reply to this thread