Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Seeking tax info on working remotely 2019/1/15 00:44
I am an American married to a Japanese citizen. I am a long-term resident of Japan (19years) . I recently have been offered part-time remote work through a US based company. I currently have my own company in Japan and pay only Japanese taxes and file tax exemption for US taxes. How do I go about not having to pay double taxes? Do I ask the US company to pay me with no deductions? Any advice or links you can you provide us greatly appreciated.
Two accountants and one lawyer I have asked are clueless.
by ShiroNeko2000 (guest)  

Re: Seeking tax info on working remotely 2019/1/15 11:00
If you file a tax exemption for the US IRS, if the US company makes deductions you should be able to claim a refund under that same tax exemption system at the end of the year.

Many counties tax on the basis of world-wide income like Japan, and knowing where you are tax resident is an important part of that and double taxation treaties (including tie-break rules). Not sure why this case should be any different to your other income and the way you have been treating it.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread