Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

5 hours to kill around Haneda Domestic 2019/1/15 12:18
Hi everyone,

We will be taking a domestic flight at 5pm from Haneda Airport. To get to the airport from our previous accomodation we will be taking a direct bus, however this bus arrives at the airport at 12pm. Is there a place to store our luggage for 4hrs or so and what are some ideas of how to amuse ourselves in the meantime?

Thank you for any and all help
by Febtraveller (guest)  

Re: 5hrs to kill around Haneda Domestic 2019/1/15 16:23
Luggage, you have choices of either coin locker or luggage storage counter.
http://www.tokyo-airport-bldg.co.jp/en/service_facilities/baggage/bagg...

As for killing time, there are shops and restaurant or observation deck.

Or

Take the free shuttle bus and hop to International Terminal.
http://www.haneda-airport.jp/inter/en/access/portbus.html
by @.. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 5 hours to kill around Haneda Domestic 2019/1/15 21:47
There's a really good NHK World TV programme (can't remember which one - sorry) about Haneda. It's mainly about the international terminal IIRC, but it has tonnes of great ideas for things to do. I think I remember there even being a tour of the airplane hangars - but I may be mistaken. You may find the programme available on demand via the NHK World website.

Not that hanging out in airports is really my idea of fun - but relatively speaking Haneda rocks in this respect.
by Winter Visitor rate this post as useful

Re: 5 hours to kill around Haneda Domestic 2019/1/15 21:58
Are you coming to Haneda from somewhere far from Tokyo? If so, you can take the Keikyu train or Tokyo Monorail (which are both less risky than buses) from Haneda to go see some of Tokyo.

If your accommodation is already in Tokyo, why not take later transportation to Haneda?

But I do agree that the airport itself is fun enough to spend a whole day at. I often used to go to Big Bird (the Domestic mall) just to do some window shopping and watch planes from a delicatessen.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: 5 hours to kill around Haneda Domestic 2019/1/16 00:25
I assume that OP checked and this direct connection is the most convenient for them albeit they have this long wait.
There is an Onsen (like super senti) relatively close to the airport and it has a shuttle bus. Might be a relaxing idea instead of shopping.
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 5 hours to kill around Haneda Domestic 2019/1/16 09:02
Thank you everyone for the ideas and I will definitely check out the NHK program.

We will be coming from Nikko, and while we could get to haneda by train, there are multiple transfers that we do not want to risk especially considering we will be taking luggage. We will have already spent a whole week in tokyo earlier in the trip so aren't keen on going back in just for an hour or two.
by Febtraveller (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread