Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JR East Nagano Niigata Area Pass 2019/1/19 00:26
I know the JR East Nagano Niigata Area Pass can be used for 5 days of travel within a 14 day period. Do the 5 travel days need to be consecutive days, or can you use it for two days, take a break from travel for four more days, and then use it again? Or can you simply choose the specific days to use the pass, even if they aren't consecutive?
by Zonie (guest)  

Re: JR East Nagano Niigata Area Pass 2019/1/19 11:34
https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2361_nagano_niigata.html

"The pass is valid on five days of your choice within a 14-day period. The 14-day period starts on the day the pass is issued. The validity of the passes is based on calendar days (midnight to midnight) as opposed to 24-hour periods. The dates of use do not need to be determined in advance."
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JR East Nagano Niigata Area Pass 2019/1/19 13:51
Most definitely you can use them on non-consecutive days. I traveled on this exact pass last year for an 8 day trip and I used it on both the first and last days with a couple trips in the middle.
by Me2 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JR East Nagano Niigata Area Pass 2019/1/20 09:34
I've not used one, but I guessed there would be spaces for the date stamps - a little google hunting got me a picture showing the five boxes.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/LocationPhotoDirectLink-g1066454-d11444032...
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: JR East Nagano Niigata Area Pass 2019/1/25 23:28
I have used one before.
You will be given a booklet with 5 days slot. So each day, the attendant will stamp out that slot if you decides to use the pass. U can use it until it expires or your 5 days slots are up.

Do remember to get your free reservation seats if you are using this pass. :D
by kaikaii88 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread