Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Which place has better snow experience? 2019/1/19 22:47
Hello!
Was planning a day trip from Tokyo to either Nikko or Kanazaw. We wanted to go to a place with great cultural background like Shrines, castles, etc. At the same time to experience snow. Ifm not sure if both places have good amount of snow when we visit on the first day of February this year. What do you guys think? Or do you have other places you can recommend that fits our plan? Thanks guys!
by maric (guest)  

Re: Which place has better snow experience? 2019/1/20 17:42
Nikko is really nice under snow and has a really pretty foresty air about it (though the town itself is a bit shabby at first blush). Kanazawa probably has more to do (with side-trips say to Shirakawa/Takayama) if you are there for a few days. Actually I found Kanazawa under snow pretty awful as everything got slushy with the sprinkers on the roads and spent every night with a hairdryer drying the bottom of my jeans and my boots, but that was the end of December rather than Feb. If it was an overnight thing, I'd go to Nikko (and stay at Nikko Kanaya Hotel). If it was a 2 nights plus thing I'd go to Kanazawa, and stay at Hotel Hakuchoro
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Which place has better snow experience? 2019/1/20 19:19
Thank you.
by maric (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Which place has better snow experience? 2019/1/22 10:57
Thank you.
by maric (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread