Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Onsen suggestion near Takayama 2019/1/21 06:08
We would like to spend the last 2 days of our 3 weeks holiday in one of the onsens near Takayama area. Our prefer onsen is located near a town so we can do a bit of sightseeing, walking and etc to finish up the trip. Any suggestion?
by Bertiemoo  

Re: Onsen suggestion near Takayama 2019/1/21 13:06
Hotel Associa at Takayama is an onsen resort, it is really good and super cheap for what you are getting. I think it is up there with the best value of hotels we have had in a dozen plus trips to Japan. It is about 5 to 10 minutes from Takayama train station by shuttle. We have stayed a few times over the years and will def's go back.

Another possibility is the Onsen Hotel at Kamikotchi (closed mid November to mid April). It has great outdoor baths in a nice foresty area. There are a few onsen towns between Kamikotchi and Takayama, but I havent visited any.

If you are talking about onsen towns though where you can walk around in your yukata, I'm not sure. I have been to several, but none around Takayama. I have seen people walking around old Takayama town at night in yukata, but not often.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Onsen suggestion near Takayama 2019/1/21 13:16
Gero Onsen is not too far from Takayama. About 45 min by train or 90 min by bus.
https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5990.html
by O92 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Onsen suggestion near Takayama 2019/1/21 13:20
I would definitely look into the onsen in Hirayu onsen or OkuHida. There are descriptions of the onsen here on this web page. I admit that they are too far from Takayama to be useful for sightseeing IN Takayama (well, theoretically it would be possible, but not very reasonable), but they are really like the quintessence of Japanese onsen in the countryside. You can go hiking or - better - just onsen hoping.

Enjoy your soak!
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Onsen suggestion near Takayama 2019/1/22 11:18
We found that this little APP was great to show more info the onsens near Takayama in english
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/michi-japan-road-guide-offline/id13810...

As they say, happy soaking :D
by Shitoi (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread