Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How can I apply for dual passport? 2019/1/21 16:05
I have dual citizenship, how can I apply for dual passport? Ifm a Filipino
by A (guest)  

Re: How can I apply for dual passport? 2019/1/21 17:03
What dual passport ?

You are Filipino, so go apply for Philippines passport.

What make you think that you can apply for another country passport?

Please give more details.
by @.. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How can I apply for dual passport? 2019/1/21 17:22
If you are a dual national for both Japan and the Philippines, probably by birth, you apply for a passport from each government/embassy depending on where you are. There is no one "dual passport."
by AK rate this post as useful

I already have my kosekitohon. 2019/1/21 23:02
I wasnft born at Japan but my father said that I am as well a Japanese citizen. Hefs a Japanese.
by A (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How can I apply for dual passport? 2019/1/22 04:42
Ask your father to give you a recent Kosekitohon so that you can apply for your Japanese passport at the nearest Japanese embassy. Good luck.
by Paul (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How can I apply for dual passport? 2019/1/22 08:34
depending on your age, if you 20 years or older you cannot apply for dual passport (two nationalities)
Japan allows only one after you pass the age of 20.

Please do some research before just randomly ask questions. You need to understand the basic principles first. If your father is Japanese and you still have contact, he is the one who can check the required information.
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: How can I apply for dual passport? 2019/1/22 09:21
1st step in getting a Japanese passport, check whether you have/recorded in Koseki Tohon.
Get your dad to retrieve the koseki tohon.
Once you have that, you need to check with Japanese embassy and apply for Japanese passport.
Whether their allow/issue you Japanese passport depends on other requirements.
You 'may be requested' to denounce your Philippines nationality when you apply for passport as they will ask about your other nationality.

Even if you can't get Japanese passport, you maybe good for Spouse / Child of a Japanese National Visa.
As long as you have your Japanese father to help you out with application and documentations.
by @.. (guest) rate this post as useful

I already have it 2019/1/22 10:48
He sent me these papers 5 days ago. 🙂 Thank you for the helpful comments. 😇 God bless yfall.
by A (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread