Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Getting a repaired item sent back into Japan 2019/1/21 23:34
Hi,

I live in Japan and have bought a PC overseas, I had to pay about 100.000 yen in import fees for this.
However a few months later it broke and had to be sent back for repairs.

Now they will have to send the whole PC back again, do I need to pay import taxes again? Or is it exempt from fees as taxes have already been paid?
by totalvamp  

Re: Getting a repaired item sent back into Japan 2019/1/22 10:33
You need to include copy of the invoice with the pc that it has been bought.
Also you need to inform that it is for repair purpose.

This does not guarantee anything but that is the only thing you can do
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Getting a repaired item sent back into Japan 2019/1/22 14:00
I had a used laptop sent to me from the US after the repair took longer than expected and I left back for Japan before it could be completed. Although my sister (who sent it on to me) clearly filled out the customs form as "used-repaired laptop", I was still sent a bill for 7man from customs for "import fees". I simply contacted customs and explained the situation. They asked for proof of my passport to be faxed to them along with a form, and cancelled the fees. It ended up being no problem.
by Murny (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Getting a repaired item sent back into Japan 2019/1/23 12:09
thanks for the answers, the store will send it back with "This item was repaired". I hope that I won't have to pay import fees again.
by totalvamp rate this post as useful

reply to this thread