Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Leaving hours after expiration of permit 2019/1/23 13:19
Hi,

So here's my situation in short. It all started with me mistaking my 90 day temporary visitor visa with it being for 3 months. Because of that, my visa expires on the 2nd of Feb rather than the 4th. I've been here for exchange studies and now, I have friends coming to visit that are staying here until the 3rd. Since I am finished with my studies, I want to go home with them and have booked a ticket that departs from Narita at 12:30 on the 3rd. The problem is that my landing permission expires on the 2nd.

Is there any recommendations for what to do in this case? Would they not care at the airport seeing as I'd check in for the flight around 8 am, and thus barely have exceeded my stay?

Unless there are any other ways, I'm planning on going to the Tokyo Regional Immigration Bureau and ask for a very short extension.

Any advice are welcome.
by Yardoc (guest)  

Re: Leaving hours after expiration of permit 2019/1/23 16:00
A basically identical question was asked not long ago; please do a search.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Leaving hours after expiration of permit 2019/1/23 17:23
You should call or email to the information center of Immigration Bureau.
http://www.immi-moj.go.jp/english/info/index.html#sec_01
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Leaving hours after expiration of permit 2019/1/23 18:12
Go to immigration and get a 14 day extension. Pay whatever fee they ask. 4000 yen from memory.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Leaving hours after expiration of permit 2019/1/24 09:29
Regarding visa, any visa there is no such thing as what you want.

This you should solve with the immigration office. If you overstay this can have consequences.
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Leaving hours after expiration of permit 2019/1/24 13:40
Just go to the nearest immigration office and tell them the date oversight.
Apologize for the oversight, ask for extension, normally they will give.

You don't want to risk getting blacklisted on the system or being detain for overstaying.

by @.. (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread