Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Could Mt.Fuji be seen from Odawara? 2019/1/23 15:24
Since I'm planning depart from Yokohama to visit Kawazu so i try to find a spot for fuji view along the path.
I'm interest in 2 location Jukkoku Toge & Odawara,
Jukkoku provide a good view of Fujisan but a little inconvenient to get.
Odawara is interesting as historical site and good location to continue to trip to Kawazu but i'm not sure about Mt.Fuji view

Best Regard for every comment. if you know any spot other than guide's recommendation please tell us.
by PJN  

Re: Could Mt.Fuji be seen from Odawara? 2019/1/24 06:47
On the trip to Odawara - possible on the Odakyu, JR Tokaido Line and on the Tokaido shinkansen (three lines I have used and seen Fuji).
From Odawara itself, no - zero chance - hills in the way.
There is an interactive map showing the line-of sight for viewing Fuji from places around Japan. Out of the thousands of locations, Odawara isn't one of them.
https://info.jmc.or.jp/fujisankoko/#12/35.2559/139.1604
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Could Mt.Fuji be seen from Odawara? 2019/1/28 13:48
Thank a lot JapanCustomTours
by PJN rate this post as useful

Re: Could Mt.Fuji be seen from Odawara? 2019/1/28 14:07
In fact, you can see Fuji from many places in Yokohama or even Tokyo. The only things getting in its way is the buildings, so we residents tend to keep an eye on that destination whenever we're passing threw a hill or elevated roads and railways.

The mountain can be seen especially on clear, cold winter days, but sunset hours is another time to look out for its grand silhouette all year round. Ask at your accommodation or railway staff for more details on good locations. Meanwhile, here is a quick Google image search on "Mt. Fuji seen from trains bound for Kouzu".
https://www.google.com/search?biw=1366&bih=626&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=BY1OXP...
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Could Mt.Fuji be seen from Odawara? 2019/1/28 16:50
I can see Fuji from my house in winter and sometimes when I go running. I see it many times around Tokyo including some hotels from Tokyo and Yokohama(and other locations). But, it is over-rated - a glance/check its there and then get on with the rest of my day. Even my guests are not so impressed - maybe 10% like visiting, otherwise a minute is heaps.

Re: Could Mt.Fuji be seen from Odawara? 2019/1/28 17:13
Okay, we all have our differences. Maybe it's kind of a Japanese thing.

Re: Could Mt.Fuji be seen from Odawara? 2019/1/28 18:04
I've always wondered why so many put so much weight into viewing a inactive volcano/mountain.

I mean it is nice to look at. But isnt worth building an itinerary around. Lots more places and attractions to see that can be done with better certainty.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Could Mt.Fuji be seen from Odawara? 2019/1/28 18:42
Asking "Is there any good place to see Mt. Fuji while I'm on my way from Place A to Place B?" is the exact opposite of "building an itinerary around" it. The OP is literally asking about fitting a view of it into a preexisting itinerary. As for why people "put so much weight into viewing a...mountain," it might not be your thing, but people enjoying scenic nature views is hardly a new or rare thing.

To the OP, if you've got time in Yokohama itself, Mt. Fuji can be seen in silhouette from the roof of the World Porters entertainment complex at sunset if the weather is clear.
by . . . . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Could Mt.Fuji be seen from Odawara? 2019/1/29 01:12
You can actually see it easily from Yokohama and you will already be there. If the sky is not hazy or cloudy, head up to the top of Yokohama Landmark tower and it will be very easy to see. The problem is that the skies are very often hazy or cloudy! :)

First picture on this page shows Fuji behind Landmark tower. If you get clear weather like this, you can see how easy it would be to see from the top deck of the building.
http://japan2018.fivb.com/en/host-cities/yokohama
by Me2 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Could Mt.Fuji be seen from Odawara? 2019/1/29 04:41
Maybe it's kind of a Japanese thing
lol - the Japanese people I know recommend seeing it from the train - visiting, they wouldn't bother.
Some people like Fuji, but there are better places to spend time in the country - mostly people do not know where those places are and cannot compare.

Re: Could Mt.Fuji be seen from Odawara? 2019/1/29 16:11
I hope I'm staying on topic by writing this, but I feel that one of the biggest reasons why people (I mean the people I know) get a big kick out of seeing Mt. Fuji is because, despite it being an iconic mountain, it can hardly be seen.

I definitely agree that bothering to go see Fuji and hoping for a chance to see it on your way to somewhere are two totally different things. The latter totally depends on your luck. Even at places as close as Odawara, you often cannot see it if the weather or hour is not good enough. You see every little mountain except the big Fuji.

So spotting Fuji is like encountering a beautiful sunset when all the other days were cloudy or maybe even like spotting a wild squirrel at a park. Some people don't appreciate it, but some people feel that they were lucky enough to not being looking the other way during those few seconds of their limited life.

Just trying to give the OP and viewers with similar questions some tips to enjoy their journey.

Re: Could Mt.Fuji be seen from Odawara? 2019/2/4 19:35
Thank you for to all advice :3
by PJN rate this post as useful

reply to this thread