Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Best sequence for our itinerary 2019/1/24 13:51
My husband and I are traveling to Japan for 10 days in April. We are flying in and out of Tokyo. We plan to visit Kyoto and Kanazawa as well and are wondering about the best sequence for this route. Right now have it mapped out for: 4 days in Tokyo, 3 days in Kyoto and 1-2 days in Kanazawa. We would greatly appreciate any feedback for how to plan out this trip! Thanks in advance :)
by Kate S (guest)  

Re: Best sequence for our itinerary 2019/1/24 18:50
Tokyo, Kyoto and Kanazawa in April. It depends on what date in April you will traveling.

April is cherry blossom season so you may want to see it on the most beautiful days. In general most popular cherry blossom (Somei Yoshino) blooms in the order of Tokyo, Kyoto and then Kanazawa. But if you travel in this order starting on, say, 7th April, Tokyo's Somei Yoshino is over, then you travel to Kyoto where petals are all gone and then Kanazawa you will see green leaves, no flower. In this case, if you go to Kanazawa first, you may have chance to see Somei Yoshino blooming.

Or you may not be so interested in Somei Yoshino then you can make your plan without thinking about that.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Best sequence for our itinerary 2019/1/24 19:16
Either Tokyo > Kanazawa > Kyoto > Tokyo, or Tokyo > Kyoto > Kanazawa > Tokyo.
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Best sequence for our itinerary 2019/1/25 01:15
Thank you! We will be traveling April 3-13th
by Kate S (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Best sequence for our itinerary 2019/1/25 02:30
If the forecasts of an early bloom are correct then Tokyo > Kanazawa >Kyoto does seem to offer the best chance of seeing peak bloom in Kanazawa https://www.japan-guide.com/sakura/ Also Kanazawa should be a little less manic than Kyoto in early April.
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

Re: Best sequence for our itinerary 2019/1/25 04:33
I'd also go Tokyo - Kanazawa - Kyoto, but mainly because Kanazawa - while very pretty - doesnt have the big ticket items of Kyoto and might not seem as good as it really is if seen second.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread