Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Gotemba to Shinjuku with Hakone Free Pass 2019/1/25 00:17
i plan to buy the Hakone Free Pass with the roundtrip travel from Shinjuku.
But i plan my itinerary so that my last stop is the Gotemba station and Outlet Store.

I can't seem to find which train or bus to use to get from Gotemba to Shinjuku which i can use the Hakone Free Pass.
As much as possible i don't wanna go back to Odawara from Gotemba just to catch the Odakyu train that can take the Hakone free Pass.
Hyperdia is showing me to hop on a JR train to Shin-Matsuda then get on the Odakyu Odawara express train to Shinjuku. Will this Odakyu Train in honor my Hakone Free Pass if i get on it at Shin Matsuda Station?
or do i have to get another separate ticket?

or is there a better faster alternative going back to shinjuku with the Hakone Free Pass?
by ale828 (guest)  

Re: Gotemba to Shinjuku with Hakone Free Pass 2019/1/25 12:36
As much as possible i don't wanna go back to Odawara from Gotemba just to catch the Odakyu train that can take the Hakone free Pass.
That is the point of the Hakaone Free Pass - it uses Odawara as the gateway to the region. If you don't want to go back via Odawara, select a different (non-HFP) option. You may not have noticed the location of Gotemba on a map and the transport links and who operates them.
The map on the Odakyu page for the Fuji/Hakone pass covers a different route back to Shinjuku for you, but if you want to go direct (bus) or train, it won't be via Odakyu.
https://www.odakyu.jp/english/passes/fujihakone/
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Gotemba to Shinjuku with Hakone Free Pass 2019/1/25 13:30
Just pay to get from Shinjuku to Odawara, buy the cheaper free pass for 4000 yen at Odawara, then pay to go from Gotemba to Shinjuku.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread