Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Unagi-don recommendation in Tokyo 2019/1/25 23:25
Anyone could recommend Unagi-don in Tokyo but not one too far from the touristy area still? I'd stay in Shinagawa so I'd mostly stroll around Ginza and perhaps Odaiba area
by SakuraBunny888  

Re: Unagi-don recommendation in Tokyo 2019/1/26 10:05
There are plenty of good Unagi shops around Asakusa area (easily walkable from the station or Kaminarimon), though the more famous ones can be quite expensive and need queueing time.

One of the cheaper options would be Unatoto which has a lot of branches in Tokyo, and I think it is pretty good too.
by JPN48 rate this post as useful

Re: Unagi-don recommendation in Tokyo 2019/1/26 12:55
Miyagawa Honten in Tsukiji does good eel, and has a nice, traditional atmosphere. And Tokyo Skytree (Oshiage) has two fairly good places - Hatsuogawa and Bincho.

They're all covered here: https://www.bento.com/dbinx/r-unagi.html#unagi
by Umami Dearest rate this post as useful

Re: Unagi-don recommendation in Tokyo 2019/1/26 21:56
Una-don, not Unagi-don.
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Unagi-don recommendation in Tokyo 2019/2/2 14:14
JPN48
I'm also interested in Unatetsu and Unatoto in Asakusa too. but someone told me good Unagi won't cost below JPY3000 for lunch. If it does, it might be caught outside Japan. Is this true? I read reviews about Unatoto and it seems they provide high quality and fresh eel

Umami Dearest
Is the Bincho you mention this one?
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g1066444-d1667972-Review...
by SakuraBunny888 rate this post as useful

Re: Unagi-don recommendation in Tokyo 2019/2/2 16:14
I see "Nodaiwa" in the link given by Umami Dearest

They have easily accessed store in Ginza. Has anyone tried the Ginza one? Is it any difference with the main Higashi-Azabu one? Normally, there could be difference in taste between main shop and the branches

Re: Unagi-don recommendation in Tokyo 2019/2/2 18:10
Is the Bincho you mention this one?

Actually I was referring to the branch of Bincho in Tokyo Skytree, which I prefer to the branch in Marronnier Gate (the one in your link).

Also I've had plenty of very good unagi for under Y3000, even at some of the more famous unagi restaurants.
by Umami Dearest rate this post as useful

Re: Unagi-don recommendation in Tokyo 2019/2/3 19:19
Hi Umami Dearest,

May I know why do you prefer the branch in Tokyo Sky Tree than the Ginza one? Is it the location or the taste? sometimes the taste could be different between branches

reply to this thread