Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Is my Japanese driving license still valid 2019/1/31 00:09
I came back to my country last year, after living 5 years in japan.I will go back to japan via temporary visiting visa . I just want to know is my Japanese driving license still valid to drive in japan ( expire year is 2022 ),because i don't have residence card ?

Thank you
by YAJITHA (guest)  

Re: Is my Japanese driving license still valid 2019/1/31 08:36
Yes, your license expiration period stands alone - having nothing to do with your residency card. It is still valid. That said, I believe that you only have 30 days to have your current address updated on your license, so when you return and take up residency, and obtain that new residence card - make sure that you go to the nearest police station to update the address on your license.
by Paul (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is my Japanese driving license still valid 2019/2/1 10:48
I do not think it is valid to use anymore.
Most reason is that you are not living in Japan anymore.
You do not have an address in Japan you are registered and also it is not possible to register abroad address.

If you take car rental you will be declined because of your address.
Best is go with the IDP.

by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Is my Japanese driving license still valid 2019/2/1 10:53
it is valid as a driving license, but it is invalid as an identification.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is my Japanese driving license still valid 2019/2/1 14:12
so in this case an ID card such as passport is needed to rent a car or to identify yourself
by justmyday rate this post as useful

reply to this thread