Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Getting a taxi in Kyushu 2019/1/31 05:26
Haha, a month and a half to go to my trip and I was like 'yes, I have everything sorted!' but no, I keep finding little things I need to check on ^_^;

I have a day in Kyushu where I am heading from Fukuoka to Kurokawa, stopping by at a strawberry picking farm (Lion Kajitsuen) on the way. The closest station to the farm is Haruda and then I need to catch a taxi there and back.

I have a rough idea of price and time but I'm not sure about actually getting the cab. Am I likely to find out waiting at the station on a taxi stand or do I need to order one? Is there an app I should be using or do I need to call? I know I will need to order one at the farm, but I'm assuming the staff can probably help if I'm having problems.
by moonangelica (guest)  

Re: Getting a taxi in Kyushu 2019/1/31 07:48
Google maps satelite view shows bus and taxi areas outcthe front of the station.

You sure Haruda station is the closest? It is a very urbanized area.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Getting a taxi in Kyushu 2019/1/31 08:40
The farm site recommends both Haruda and Chikushi as the stations to get get taxis from - 11 and 9 mins away respectively. Chikushi is a bit closer but I'm leaving Fukuoka from a JR station so Haruda is easier.

The farm isn't too far away from the urban area, just below the 2 hills.
by moonangelica (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Getting a taxi in Kyushu 2019/1/31 09:26
Sounds good then.

Does the farm have a website? I wouldnt mind investigating for my next trip.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Getting a taxi in Kyushu 2019/1/31 10:20
The website is : http://www.lionkajitsuen.com/english

They have quite a big farm and a lot of different varieties, which is why I chose them over some of the other farms.
by moonangelica (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread