Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Forced to go home after graduation? 2019/2/1 08:04
Hello,
Im currently studying in a language school in Osaka and graduate soon in March this year. After Graduation i canft go to higher school due to personal problems but i planned to stay and traveling a bit before my Visa expired( my Visa will be expried before July for exact). But the paperwork guy in my school told me that i have to leave Japan 1 month after graduation (before april) no matter what because i will lost my student status after graduation.
my question is is it legal to me to stay in Japan after graduation while my Student Visa still valid or i really have to go home.
p/s: i think that those guy scare that i may go illigal immigrant so they make me go home as soon as possible but that just my guess.
by AkiraVD  

Re: Forced to go home after graduation? 2019/2/1 15:12
You can stay until your status expires or is revoked. If immigration wants to revoke your status, they will contact you about it (be sure to check your mail regularly).

Alternatively, apply to change your status to Temporary Visitor.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Forced to go home after graduation? 2019/2/1 15:32
I think you can not stay till the date expire.
You need to inform the immigration within 6 weeks of the change.
Your school may also inform immigration.

You need to go to immigration inform the change an get the suitable visa.
Maybe you will get a tourist visa.

by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Forced to go home after graduation? 2019/2/1 16:14
You need to inform the immigration within 6 weeks of the change.
Disagree. You/Your school have 14 days to inform immigration on your activities changes.
http://www.immi-moj.go.jp/english/tetuduki/kanri/shyorui/18.html

You can stay until your student status end BUT read below. If you were to get your status revoke and given a designated period to leave Japan, then your will be in the record/blacklisted by immigration.

So, 'unofficially' you 'can' stay until your status expired BUT risking being revoked/penalised.
Or as other said, go to immigration office clarified your situation and get/change to Temporary Visitor TV .

One good thing about TV is that you CAN buy/use JR Rail pass or any discount/package that is only available for tourist. May in the end save you some money.

http://www.japaneselawtranslation.go.jp/law/detail_main?id=173&vm=2
(Revocation3 of Status of Residence)

Article 22-4-(1) (v)
Minister of Justice may revoke the alien's status of residence if failed to continue to engage in the activities listed in the right-hand column corresponding to that status for three months or more while residing in Japan (except for cases where the alien has justifiable reason for not engaging in the activities while residing in Japan).

AND

Read Article 22-4-(6)
When revoking the status of residence pursuant to the provisions of paragraph (1) (limited to those pertaining to item (iii) to item (v)), the Minister of Justice shall designate a period not exceeding 30 days within which the alien shall depart from Japan.
by @.. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Forced to go home after graduation? 2019/2/1 16:16
If you were to get your status revoke and given a designated period to leave Japan, then your will be in the record/blacklisted by immigration.

Citation needed.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Forced to go home after graduation? 2019/2/1 20:38
Think I will discuss with my school if i can change mine to Travel Visa. Thank everyone for the reply
by AkiraVD rate this post as useful

Re: Forced to go home after graduation? 2019/2/2 09:44
Sorry to hijack this post.

Reply to ... (guest)

If you were to get your status revoke and given a designated period to leave Japan, then your will be in the record/blacklisted by immigration.

Citation needed.

OK. Lets rephrase that again. This is how I undertand it.
If you were to get your status revoke and given a designated period (departure order) to leave Japan, leave within the designated period then you are consider as leaving Japan within your period of stay.

Question 15:
http://www.immi-moj.go.jp/english/tetuduki/zairyuu/qa.html

However you may still get recorded/listed in the system.

If your status got revoke and be deported, then your will BE in the record/blacklisted by immigration, and be denied entry in the future ( ranging 1 to 10 years depending on your deportation reason).

http://www.japaneselawtranslation.go.jp/law/detail_main?id=173&vm=2
Section 2 LANDING OF AN ALIEN
(Denial of Landing)
Article 5 (1) (ix)
by @.. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Forced to go home after graduation? 2019/2/2 11:32
generally speaking, if your school application is one year, you have a student status of one year and 3 months. the extra 3 months can be used for closing your living or travelling in Japan.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread