Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Cancellation of COE which is under process 2019/2/4 17:14
I work in Nagoya, and I had applied for my wife's dependent COE.
We were expecting to get it maximum within 3 months, as the official time is 1 to 3 months.
But it has been 4 months and 3 days now with no result, and we both are getting frustrated due to this delay. We are newly married and have not been able to spend any time together after our marriage.
If we don't get our application result within another couple of weeks, I think it is better to cancel this application, if possible. Then apply for a tourist visa and bring her to Japan.
In another post I read that it is not a good thing to cancel the COE under process. But if the Immigration takes this long, we are left with no other option. I want to know if anybody is aware whether cancellation of COE under process is going to create any problem in future.
Thank you in advance!
by T Mahanta  

Re: Cancellation of COE which is under process 2019/2/5 11:24
The tourist visa would have a high risk of getting denied, since the CoE application makes it clear that she wouldn't come for tourism. (Arguably, the tourist visa application would be downright fraudulent.)
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Cancellation of COE which is under process 2019/2/5 11:29
Taking longer than 3 months has been very common the past few years. Read any forum blog website etc and you'll find many complaining about wait.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Cancellation of COE which is under process 2019/2/5 11:52
If you cancel now than you lost your time and you will still need to apply a visa in the future.

It is know it takes time, usually takes up to three months but can take longer.
If you are frustrated than you can contact immigration and ask for an update but you will may get a standard answer that you application is in process.

My advise is just to wait, since you did not get any bad news or request for additional documentations.

You already passed 3 months so one month waiting would not be that hard
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Cancellation of COE which is under process 2019/2/6 08:30
There is no reason to cancel the application.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Cancellation of COE which is under process 2019/2/13 13:50
Thank you all for your replies.
It's been 4 months and 13 days, but still getting same response from immigration, that it is under process.
We will continue to wait, but our patience level is going down day by day. :(

by T Mahanta rate this post as useful

Re: Cancellation of COE which is under process 2019/2/13 16:36
I really do not know why you feel down because it takes time. Nowadays immigration is more busier than normal. As long you dont get news so far it goes well then. If it was denied you would maybe already get the information.

Just be patient like anyone who goes through the process
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Cancellation of COE which is under process 2019/6/13 13:33
Finally got my wife's COE (Issued after 8 months and 11 days).
Thank you all for your support!!
by Mahanta rate this post as useful

reply to this thread