Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Sapporo Snow Festival - Prices 2019/2/4 22:13
Just a few quick questions all...

I live in Kobe and was thinking of going to the Sapporo Snow Fest in 2020 for about 3 days 2 nights. Me, the j-wifey and my annoying 'yancha' of a 4 year old are going lol

- How much budget would I need for the whole trip? Estimates are fine and anyone who's done this trip, your replies are absolutely appreciated. We're just going to do the usual - Susukino, Odori Park, Nijo Market, Beer Museum, eat at Ramen Yokocho, eat Jingisukan at The beer museum, and hopefully The historical village of Hokkaido for all you history buffs out there.

- When should I start booking for flights and accomodation? I hear early is best since it's quite popular. It's my first time going there so yea...

Thanks again.

Ree
by Ree (guest)  

Re: Sapporo Snow Festival - Prices 2019/2/5 13:06
Hi,

I just checked the flight fare of Skymark airline for this week. The fare is cheapest 11670 yen for tomorrow which rise up to 25170 yen for Saturday. I think you should avoid weekend if possible. The hotel rate seems to be 20000 yen to 30000 yen for weekdays in the festival period.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Sapporo Snow Festival - Prices 2019/2/5 23:39
I think the OP wants more than plane & accom costs I think.

Personally Ifd like to know too.

Cheers.
by Elm (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Sapporo Snow Festival - Prices 2019/2/6 04:15
What more is there to know? The event is free.
by Gregalor rate this post as useful

Re: Sapporo Snow Festival - Prices 2019/2/6 08:47
Flights, accommodation, some trains to/from the airport, some entry fees and food. How much budget depends on the kind of traveler you are. I've used 50k/night hotels in Sapporo and ones less than 20k. Probably hotel prices are higher at the festival time.
With food - a bowl of ramen isn't much, but the Sapporo Beer garden you can rack up a bit more with the Genghis Khan and a few beers. A different restaurant with fine wines - more again.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Sapporo Snow Festival - Prices 2019/2/6 11:28
This is just about accommodation ..FYI.

The period of Snow festival is about the same as Chinese New Year holidays (t).
Hokkaido is very popular for Chinese (and other Asian tourists where they donft get snow in their countries).

If you can read Japanese, (if not your wife) you will get some idea.
This is about this year, but would be about the same next year, too.
https://uhb.jp/news/7204/
It seems you should book the hotel as soon as they start accepting the reservation..
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Sapporo Snow Festival - Prices 2019/2/6 11:46
As ... (guest) wrote, Sapporo is very busy during the snow festival. But at the same time there are vacant rooms even at this time.

Below is one example.

https://www.hotels.com/ho274197/?pos=HCOM_ASIA&locale=en_JP&pa=2&q-che...

ANA Crowne Plaza hotel Chitose, Deluxe room (with two beds), 19300 yen (tax and fee included). Although Chitose is not so convenient, this is a good hotel. This is "last minute offer" so it might not be seen when you visit the site.

Due to increasing tourists from abroad, there should be many cancelations just a few days before (without cancelation fee). So there might be "last minute" offer. Of course you should book as early as possible. The hotels might change their cancelation policies to strict side.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Sapporo Snow Festival - Prices 2019/2/6 15:46
Ummm people he is asking about 2020 not this year so last minute deals arenft going to help.

I would think you would need about \80,000 to \100,000 for your trip. Including everything in that budget. Thatfs if you book early too.
by Beenthere (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread