Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

school vaccine 2019/2/9 20:23
Are vaccinations mandatory for school kids in Japan?

lf I want to enrol my son in a Japanese school, will he be accepted if he is unvaccinated?

Will child services be called if Japanese parents do not vaccinate their children? and what of ex pats?

by Jennifer (guest)  

Re: school vaccine 2019/2/10 12:01
As far as I know, they are grecommendedh but not gmandatory.h Children and their parents can decide.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: school vaccine 2019/2/10 20:46
Here is some information. It says that the law puts the onus on you to ensure your children are vaccinated but I do not recall ever hearing of arrested parents for failure to comply with the law.

https://expatsguide.jp/health-safety/medical-care/child-immunization/
by Paul (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: school vaccine 2019/2/10 21:12
I should have been more specific. Since Paul provided more details: where they say in the first paragraph gparents have a duty to make efforts towards having their children immunized,h this used to be, in the past, an obligation. Now the law has been amended, and it is only a gduty to make efforts.h So no penalty or whatsoever, even for the groutineh type.
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread