Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

13 day trip Tokyo->Tohoku->Hokkaido 2019/2/11 17:22
Hi! I am planning 13 days trip to travel Tokyo (2 days)->Tohoku (5 days)->Hokkaido (6 days) in early May.

Any advice on a good itinerary in Tohoku for 5 days? which prefecture to visit and how long to stay at each prefecture?

by Hui Min (guest)  

Re: 13 day trip Tokyo->Tohoku->Hokkaido 2019/2/12 14:19
You could easily fill 5 days in Tohoku using Sendai as a home base. There’s affordable hotels right across from Sendai Station and it makes for convenient travel to Matsushima, Hiraizumi, Yamadera, and even the fox village.

Sendai itself has quite a few things to check out, too. Zuihoden is very colorful and sits in a nice wooded area.
by Gregalor rate this post as useful

Re: 13 day trip Tokyo->Tohoku->Hokkaido 2019/2/15 12:00
Since I do not know what you are interested in in the Tohoku region, I will introduce you to the WEB site.

TOHOKU JAPAN
https://tohoku-japan.jp/

Tohoku- A Moment in Time by Trip Advisor
https://www.tripadvisor.com/InfoCenter-a_ctr.Explore_Tohoku

FYI
If you visit Tohoku while moving from Tokyo to Hokkaido, I will drop in at Sendai - Morioka - Aomori.
by LinaLisa rate this post as useful

Re: 13 day trip Tokyo->Tohoku->Hokkaido 2019/2/15 14:38
Aomori is worth stopping at for the Nebuta Museum alone. Nice food market next to it, too.
by Gregalor rate this post as useful

Re: 13 day trip Tokyo->Tohoku->Hokkaido 2019/2/16 04:43
My boyfriend and I spent 6 days in Tohoku this summer, followed by 2 days in Hakodate (southern Hokkaido). We stayed in Sendai for 3 nights, from where we did day trips to Yamadera and Tashirojima (cat island). Then we moved on to Aomori, where we stayed for another 3 nights (which was a bit too long in my opinion, but my boyfriend loved Aomori). From Aomori, we visited Mt Hakkoda and Osorezan. Finally, from Hakodate, we visited Onuma Quasi National Park.

I would definitely recommend visiting Osorezan. While the temple, Bodaiji, is nothing special in my opinion (apart from its story), the volcanic activity in the area is really fascinating. Especially Lake Usori is stunning. But apart from that, I really loved the day trips we did in Tohoku, and from all the regions I've visited in Japan, I like Tohoku the best. Sendai and Aomori are nice cities, too, but there's really not that much to do.

Enjoy your trip!
by noelluuhh rate this post as useful

reply to this thread