The intention of my upcoming April trip, is for 2 main attractions that Ifve always wanted to see; Naruto Whirlpools and Tottori Sand Dunes. So I planned this as a short and budgeted trip. As Ifll be travelling on my own, safety would be my utmost concern and I'll be using public transport or walking (not cycling).
Day 1 Flight in to Kansai Airport; bus to Okayama (overnight in Okayama)
Day 2 Okayama Castle & Korakuen; Washuzan Highland, Washuzan Hill (overnight in Okayama)
Day 3 Okayama -> Tsuyama -> Tottori <-> Wakasa --- *Tsuyama Castle for cherry blossoms viewing*; Fudoin Iwayado Hall (overnight in Tottori)
Day 4 Tottori <-> Iwami --- Uradome Coast; sand dunes & museum (overnight in Tottori)
Day 5 Tottori <-> Yonago, Matsue --- Eshima Ohashi Bridge, Hanakairo, Adachi Museum, Matsue Castle (overnight in Tottori)
Day 6 Tottori -> Okayama <-> RSK rose garden, Wake Fuji Park, Kurashiki (overnight in Okayama)
Day 7 Okayama <-> Oboke Koboke Area (overnight in Okayama)
Day 8 Okayama -> Tokushima <-> Awa Sand Pillars (overnight in Tokushima)
Day 9 Tokushima <-> Naruto Whirlpools (overnight in Tokushima)
Day 10 Tokushima --- Hana Haru Festa (overnight in Tokushima)
Day 11 Bus from Tokushima; flight from Kansai Airport
*Tsuyama Castle* - depends on conditions of sakura by then
Days 3 – 6, Ifll be using the JR Sanin Okayama Pass
Please help to see if my plan is doable or if Ifm too ambitious.
1. Which and how is the best way to see the Eshima Ohashi Bridge? I intend to do this as first event of that day. Ifve read about taking a bus and travel on the bridge, but I have no idea where the bus would bring me to.
2. RSK Rose Garden – is this open in April? I get confused with the information on its website. http://www.rsk-baraen.co.jp/info.html
3. If the peak viewing of flowers is in the following month, does it mean therefs no point in visiting? Ifm talking about the RSK Rose Garden and Wake Fuji Park.
4. Would you advise that I go to Oboke Koboke area from Okayama or Tokushima? The connections and costs are equally long and expensive to me. Ifm interested in seeing the vine bridge, Iya valley, and if possible, to do water rafting. Is it possible to cover these in a day and not miss the transport connections?
5. Awa Sand Pillars – is it easy to get a taxi from its nearest station to the site and vice versa?
Thank you so much for your advice!