Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shaken, replacing tires 2019/2/13 10:32
Hi there,

My shaken is due this month, and I know that the tyres will need to be replaced. Is it going to work out cheaper to get the tyres replaced prior to taking it for the shaken? I can buy them online and get them fitted at a Honda outlet.

Kind regards
by PotatoMan (guest)  

Re: Shaken, replacing tires 2019/2/13 12:38
It is usually possible and no problem.
by biwakoman rate this post as useful

Re: Shaken, replacing tires 2019/2/13 19:33
Irrespective of your regulatory requirements, driving a knowingly unsafe vehicle is a pretty (fill in the blank - bad) thing to do. Having good tyres is an essential safety element of driving. I get the best tyres for my car that I can, whether it is on the road or on the track. You are putting yourself and others at risk.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Shaken, replacing tires 2019/2/13 20:02
@JapanCustomTours No, they are within the legal and safe limits, but I know they will mention the tyres when it comes to it because two years on them is not going to be safe. Get off your high horse. I was asking a question, not asking for scrutiny.
by PotatoMan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shaken, replacing tires 2019/2/13 21:59
They only look at current condition, not what they may be like in two years. They cannot know how much you will drive. If you are concerned, you should repace them. If they are concerned you will fail the inspection.
by Paul (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shaken, replacing tires 2019/2/13 23:02
tires are being check during shaken, and as mentioned, as current condition.
You will may get a reminder to change the tires soon or something like that.

Having the best tires is nonsense. I drive on the most cheap tires, and always pass shaken.
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Shaken, replacing tires 2019/2/14 09:32
The workshop will advise you to change tires if your tires is old in case it won't pass shaken inspection.
If your car don't pass shaken inspection due to tires problem, then you may need to reschedule the shaken, change new tires and retake the inspection.

No matter the outcome, you still need to change the tires. More hassle and extra cost if you don't pass the shaken the first time due to tires problem?

Some workshop do temporary 'change' the tires in order to pass the shaken and remind you to get the tires change. It happened.
by @.. (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread