Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Books on post war Japanese history 2019/2/15 03:13
I have just finished reading Embracing Defeat again, which if you don't know it is a Pulitzer prize winning account of Japan in the aftermath of the war. It is a very fine book. What I would like to find is something that carries the story on from the end of the occupation to, say, the end of the economic bubble. Does anyone have any suggestions?
by Stan Norrell  

Re: Books on post war Japanese history 2019/2/15 11:00
I'll be interested to hear as well (I'm hoping it's on Audible). Another book worth reading which looks at why everything happened is The Rising Sun by John Toland which I read before Embracing Defeat
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Books on post war Japanese history 2019/2/16 03:43
by Winter Visitor rate this post as useful

Re: Books on post war Japanese history 2019/2/16 06:04
Thanks @Winter Visitor. I had thought about asking this question for a while. Reading that article prompted me to actually post it :) I have & have read the Sansom, Embracing Defeat and A Diplomat in Japan. I will seek out From Tokugawa to the Present and Bending Adversity though as they do sound interesting. I would add Japan 1941 by Eri Hotta to the list. However none of the books in that list is about the period I am after.
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

reply to this thread