Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo Wide Pass at Tobu Railways 2019/2/17 23:59
Can I use the tokyo wide pass at tobu railways from tobu-nikko to tobu world square?

How often are the trains on this lines? I tried some research from hyperdia most trains are limited express.

if for example the tokyo wide pass covers tobu line, how do we pay the extra fee for the limited express? im not sure the difference between the local and limited express tobu trains.

are there staffs inside the train and collect the fare difference? i guess we can use our suica in paying

thanks
by jmonilla  

Re: Tokyo Wide Pass at Tobu Railways 2019/2/18 10:40
The pass covers Tobu local trains (untick "Limited Express" on Hyperdia) from Tobu-Nikko to Kinugawa Onsen (with a transfer at Shimo-Imaichi). You need to pay additionally Kinugawa Onsen to Tobu World Square (150 yen on local trains).
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo Wide Pass at Tobu Railways 2019/2/18 11:20
How Do we pay the fare on the ltd express trains? if ever we are on the platform how do we know if the train on our front is a local or ltd exp one?

in case we get in the train and found out its a ltd exp one can we pay to a staff while inside the train using our suica?

THANKS
by jmonilla rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo Wide Pass at Tobu Railways 2019/2/18 11:44
The pass is not valid on Tobu limited express trains. If you want to use a limited express, buy a regular ticket.

Re: Tokyo Wide Pass at Tobu Railways 2019/2/19 08:38
Not all of the Tobu trains, it is a JR pass, not a Tobu pass. However, it is valid for express trains originating/terminating on JR East lines. From the official website (you should read it):
The following limited express trains that directly run between the JR East lines and Tobu Railway lines: the Nikko, the SPACIA Nikko, the Kinugawa, and the SPACIA Kinugawa. Also, the local trains (including rapid trains) between Shimo-imaichi and Tobu-nikko/Kinugawa-onsen Stations.
https://www.jreast.co.jp/e/tokyowidepass/
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo Wide Pass at Tobu Railways 2019/2/19 12:20
@JCT You should follow your own advice, because it also covers local trains as I explained above. Your message is quite useless.

Re: Tokyo Wide Pass at Tobu Railways 2019/2/19 14:49
@guest - not all Tobu trains. Be as sarcastic as you like.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo Wide Pass at Tobu Railways 2019/2/19 22:02
guys take it easy hehe

anyways with the pass, we can get into the trains anytime and if its a limited express train will there be staff roaming to collect the fare difference?

or maybe we should just buy the ltd express ticket before riding.

how about bus pass going to toshugo shrine? maybe 2x ride going there and back at nikko station. im thinking to just use our suica cards

thanks

Re: Tokyo Wide Pass at Tobu Railways 2019/2/19 22:09
If you want to use a limited expess, you mst buy a ticket beforehand, and you must pay the full price (not the "difference", whatever you mean by that). Your pass is not valid on limited expresses on that section.

Re: Tokyo Wide Pass at Tobu Railways 2019/2/19 23:09
got it!

i'm asking for ltd exp coz they are more frequent in the tobu lines than the local trains based on hyperdia.

we dont want to be wasting our time waiting for the local trains due to time constraint also.

anyways we'll just ask some staffs at the ticket counters if what train would next arrive and just buy tickets correspondingly

thanks

reply to this thread