Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

reservation: Shirakawa-go to Takayama? 2019/2/19 01:03
I have been searching for awhile with no success. Spending the night in the area and cannot find a way to reserve a seat from Shirakawa-go to Takayama on the first bus out. The Nohi / Japan Bus Online reservation sites only seem to offer reservations from the cities to Shirakawa-go. Am I missing something, or are return trips first come first serve, pay when you board? Thanks.
by Jeff (guest)  

Re: reservation: Shirakawa-go to Takayama? 2019/2/19 12:00
by Hirohiroboy rate this post as useful

Re: reservation: Shirakawa-go to Takayama? 2019/2/19 21:26
Yes, but I did not dig deep enough. Thank-you for directing me.

by Jeff (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: reservation: Shirakawa-go to Takayama? 2019/2/21 08:43
I don't see anywhere to reserve a seat at that URL?
by Potatoface rate this post as useful

Re: reservation: Shirakawa-go to Takayama? 2019/2/21 09:01
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: reservation: Shirakawa-go to Takayama? 2019/2/21 10:05
I've been to the Japan Bus Online site but could not find the right option. But I just figured it out - maybe this will help a future reader.

When selecting the Kanazawa --> Takayama direction, there does not appear to be a way to book from Shirakawago itself. The only departure options are Kanazawa and Toyama. But if you pick one of them, there is then a radio button to actually choose Shirakawago as the real departure bus stop.
by Potatoface rate this post as useful

Re: reservation: Shirakawa-go to Takayama? 2019/2/21 16:00
Last link of JCT brings to booking, and if you click on option with arrival point Takayama, system lets you to choose Shirakawa-go as departure point.
However when we did the trip, then booked Kanazawa-Shirakawa, but Shirakawa-Takayama was without. Was quite many people (afternoon), but they gave 2 busses on same scheduled time so probably they know the situation:)
by girlwithpearl (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: reservation: Shirakawa-go to Takayama? 2019/2/21 18:01
You can just call there. Tell them your name,bus departure time and your phone number.
Then they will give you your confirmation number.
You can pick up ticket before departure and pay for the fare on or before the departure time.

■Telephone reservation
1)Nohi Bus Reservation Center
 (9:00am〜6:00pm)TEL (0577)32-1688
2)Hokurikutetsudou Reservation Center
 (9:00am〜6:00pm)TEL(076)234-0123
by Hirohiroboy rate this post as useful

Re: reservation: Shirakawa-go to Takayama? 2019/2/22 08:59
I've never used the Nohi bus on that section, despite countless visits to Shirakawa-go, but I have found their service pretty good on the other routes I've used with them - those were all non-reserved (not able to be reserved) options.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread