Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Wait line to visit Himeji Castle 2019/2/19 03:06
We will be in Himeji on Sunday 4/14/19. Can anyone tell me the current situation at Himeji Castle? How long is the wait line to visit the castle? What time is the best time to get there? Thank you in advance -Vel.
by Velma (guest)  

Re: Wait line to visit Himeji Castle 2019/2/19 11:19
I went on a weekday about 3 months ago. There were lots of people including school kids on field trips, but no line. If you go on a Sunday, you can expect more regular crowd and none of the field trippers. Go as early as you can.
by PRC (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Wait line to visit Himeji Castle 2019/2/19 15:36
You can see the crowd estimates here:

http://www.himejicastle.jp/en/common/pdf/calendar.pdf

I went there once in early April (Sakura was in peak), got there at 8 a.m (30 mins before opening), and got in before 9.

It is best to get there early before 9, and I believe you will not wait longer than half an hour.
by JPN48 rate this post as useful

Re: Wait line to visit Himeji Castle 2019/2/20 02:39
When I went last spring, there was no significant line at all. Lots of people, as expected, but quite tolerable.
If you have the time, be sure to see the Kokoen Garden a few minutes walk from the castle as well - it is equally beautiful, and mostly without the big crowds.
https://goo.gl/65ZtRi
You can get the combo ticket for both, and one place will be virtually free. But to buy that, you have to go to the ticket office, not the vending machines that just sell the castle tickets.
by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Wait line to visit Himeji Castle 2019/2/20 15:02
PRC, JPN48 and Ken - Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experiences that will definitely help with our decision to visit Himeji Castle and expecting a shorter wait time then what we expected. Thanks to all of you, we're now looking forward to this visit. Thanks again and please continue to share your experience in this wonderful Forum - Vel
by Velma (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread