Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Izu Peninsula (Shizuoka) 2019/2/19 23:13
Hi all,

I'm looking to travel from Mount Fuji Five Lakes into Izu Peninsula as part of my itinerary this coming November.

I have a few questions if someone could help.

1. If i have 3 to 4 days to spend in Izu peninsula (Shizuoka), where should i base myself at (accommodation). We have old folks and children and we prefer not to change accommodation to frequently.

2. Is it recommended to self drive in this area or it easier to take train/bus to visit specific sightseeing spots.

We prefer sight-seeing and visit good scenery spot, so recommendation and advise will be useful !

Regards
Foli
by Foli (guest)  

Re: Izu Peninsula (Shizuoka) 2019/2/20 13:44
How much do you want to spend and what type of accommodation do you want to stay at? Shuzenji Onsen is nice for a traditional town, Shizuoka is good for the beach. Ito is good for accessibility and hiring a car. If your a family, I'd probably hire a car but note that roads can get busy on the weekends during summer weekends.

One of my favourite hotels/ryokans which is in Ito but I don't think it has car parking (Ito) and it's well priced. If interested - send me a PM. I also used to travel around the Izu Peninsula quite a bit so know it well apart from Dogoshima.
by mfedley rate this post as useful

reply to this thread