Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Renewing spouse visa without tax declaration 2019/2/21 14:10
Hello,

I have some questions for which Ifd like to seek some advice. Ifll try to include as much detail as I can.

Ifm married to a Japanese citizen and we have a 9-month old baby, Japanese citizen as well. Currently, Ifm doing my PhD at a university overseas, and am receiving a monthly stipend that is the equivalent of 287000 yen. The PhD candidature doesnft require my physical presence in my home country, so Ifve spent 7 months of the year-long spousal visa in Japan (5 months in my home country giving birth and taking care of the newborn). Ifve been granted deferment for nenkin payment because Ifm still a student, and also because my home country requires pension contribution that is 20% of my income. My spousal visa is expiring in two weeks, and Ifve been informed that Ifll need some kind of tax declaration from my husband in order to facilitate the visa renewal. However, I canft speak Japanese (and thus have problems asking for this document at the local city hall), and my husband is unable to get leave from his company to make the trip down himself. Can I use evidence of the stipend that Ifm receiving in lieu of my husbandfs tax declaration? Ifve been given to understand that the tax declaration document merely serves to establish whether or not the applicant in question has the means to support him or herself. Are there any problems that Ifm likely to run into?

Thanks in advance! I look forward to your input.
by Jolie (guest)  

reply to this thread