Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Mori Tower 2019/2/23 18:49
Hello! I know tripods are not allowed inside the Mori Tower, but I would like to know if there are places on the open deck to put the camera (a big reflex...) to make a long exposure with no shaking, for examples flat handrail or similar. Or it is impossible to take decent night photos?
by Piuma  

Re: Mori Tower 2019/2/24 02:03
Look at the 4th photo and judge for yourself.
https://tcv.roppongihills.com/jp/enjoy/intro/
by edokko101 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Mori Tower 2019/2/26 05:42
Why not use a GorillaPod?
by curious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Mori Tower 2019/2/26 06:24
Thank you. I have tried to check by pictures and google street view, but it is not so clear. I have a big Nikon reflex and the gorillapod cannot keep it, I have already tried. Well, I will know it once there :) thank you again!
by Piuma rate this post as useful

Re: Mori Tower 2019/3/4 03:58
If you're planning to shoot from outdoors, I suggest bringing a clamp type that can hold your ballhead.

On the floor below that, I've seen people use tripods before not sure if that's officially allowed. I used a gorillapod when I visited 7 years ago, there are many better alternatives out now. If plan to tour the observatories, definitely bring a black cloth/jacket to combat reflections, or invest in a lensskirt.
by reprazent rate this post as useful

Re: Mori Tower 2019/3/12 02:19
I've used a tripod on the indoor level with no problems. The bag check happens when you go up to the sky deck. Reflections are a significant problem on the indoor level though, particularly at night. Keep in mind the sky deck isn't always open - bad weather, particularly wind, will close it - so if you don't have flexibility on when you visit you may want to be prepared to shoot indoors (i.e. bring a tripod anyway, and a light blocker that you can press up against the window.)
by gfoulk rate this post as useful

Re: Mori Tower 2019/3/23 08:37
I have not tried it there, but you might consider a Fat Gecko or for outdoors, there is the Tether Tools EasyGrip XL - but for long exposures, if there is strong wind causing jitter, you still might end up with nothing you like.
by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread