Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japan in July-Aug advise 2019/2/26 05:49
Hi,
Trying to plan on when would be best to leave for Japan for a planned July-August visit this year.

I have been checking out information on several festivals, and I learned the school holidays begin around 18th of July.

I cannot stay longer than 15th of August due to work. I plan to leave somewhere between 10th to 20th of July, staying for 3,5 weeks mostly around Chubu, Kanto and Tohoku area.
by Monsson (guest)  

Re: Japan in July-Aug advise 2019/2/26 12:06
What is the question?
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japan in July-Aug advise 2019/2/26 12:25
get ready to sweat a lot and occasional thunderstorm.
by @.. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japan in July-Aug advise 2019/2/26 17:14
It will be very hot and humid except in Hokkaido and most northern parts of Honshu. Decide if you are fine with that.
And yes, agree with PP, what is the question???

Enjoy planning your trip to Japan!
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japan in July-Aug advise 2019/2/26 18:20
I think the question is the best time to leave between 10 and 20 July, having regard to holidays etc. I've never been there at that time, June and September have been hot enough for me.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japan in July-Aug advise 2019/2/27 00:38
Ah, yes, the question was when would be best to leave, unless it makes no big difference.

If the schools are emptied in the mid of July maybe it does not matter when I go since I will be in Japan most of the time by then.

I aim to visit the "highlands" most of the time to get away from the heat.

I plan to visit the Neputa festival or the one in Akita in early August possibly.
by Monsson (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread