Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Forward luggage via Yamato Transport 2019/2/27 19:16
I've tried contacting Yamato Transport with this question but after a few weeks I've had no response. I'm hoping someone here can help.

I plan on arriving at Osaka Kansai Airport on March 14th and I will be travelling around Japan for 3 weeks. I want to know if it is possible to forward a suitcase from Osaka airport to the hotel that I will be staying at in Tokyo, however, I won't actually arrive in Tokyo until March 27th.

Does anyone know if this is possible since the suitcase will be forwarded over 2 weeks? My plan is to forward a mostly empty suitcase to Tokyo so that I can buy a load of souvenirs and bring them back so that I don't have to carry a large suitcase around with me on my travels.

Thanks!
by marcuspen  

Re: Forward luggage via Yamato Transport 2019/2/28 13:20
There website if you read it states they will hold for a maximum of seven days before delivery.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Forward luggage via Yamato Transport 2019/2/28 18:24
You can also ask the hotel if they are happy to hold the suitcase for a while.

Yamato also has an English phone number you can ask.

Why not bring some foldable bag instead of a suitcase to bring your shopping back? Or buy a suitcase in Tokyo? Or just get a big cardboard box?

Enjoy your trip to Japan!
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Forward luggage via Yamato Transport 2019/2/28 18:43
As suggested above, a foldable nylon travel bag (not expensive) that you can use for yr shopping. A small padlock if you wish to secure it. You can reuse on future trips. Just google to see whatfs available online.
by grobea rate this post as useful

Re: Forward luggage via Yamato Transport 2019/2/28 18:57
Yeah definitely only 7 days, but it might be cheaper and easier to buy a bag in Tokyo. Places like Don Quixote have a good range of bags under 5000 yen, and you'd easily be spending half that forwarding it, possibly more than once.
by Sal1980 rate this post as useful

Re: Forward luggage via Yamato Transport 2019/2/28 22:39
Ginza Karen has super cheap big suitcases and it is cheaper than Don Quixote even. The suitcases last long enough for 5000 yen suitcases. Ginza Karen is right on Chuo dori in Ginza. I bought a huge 150 cm hard sided suitcase there for 5000 yen.

Some hotels would be willing to hold your suitcase for a week, it depends on the hotel. You can write and ask your hotel. If this is an AirBnB actually they're not going to. I know when I stayed at a luxury hotel last trip, they actually offered to hold bags for me for 2 weeks until I came back to Tokyo from elsewhere as I had given them some of the aspects of my itinerary. It wasn't necessary.

Good luck!
by rkold rate this post as useful

reply to this thread