Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Are there toll roads on the Noto Peninsula? 2019/2/28 11:09
I am planning a circular drive around the top of the Noto Peninsula well north of Anamizu. I want to avoid toll roads and drive on small countryside roads. On road 277 just south of the junction with road 278 there is a gToll Road Rest Stoph. Are these actually toll roads? The roads are only single lanes in two directions and I cannot see any toll plazas along this route. Ifve found a number of these rest stops on country roads. Will I need to pay tolls on these small country roads?
by Mark Darcy (guest)  

Re: Are there toll roads on the Noto Peninsula? 2019/2/28 13:04
There is a free bypass road (it is elevated just like a toll road but there is no fee, it has a few rest stops on it although probably not many, this bypass road goes across the peninsula up until a certain point just a bit before Wajima but it goes inland cutting across the peninsula diagonally so you can enjoy the coast very much on it, but if you want to go to other parts of Noto Peninsula like the northern most cape point of the peninsula then you will need to use regular roads for some of it, getting off the bypass road then heading in a different direction. I have personally been to Noto Peninsula several times and been on both the bypass and the regular coastal roads.
by Ashley (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Are there toll roads on the Noto Peninsula? 2019/2/28 13:06
I meant you cannot enjoy the coast on the bypass road, sorry some typos

Re: Are there toll roads on the Noto Peninsula? 2019/2/28 13:11
And you don't have to pay a toll on any country or regular roads, the Noto peninsula is lacking an actual "toll" road, Ishikawa prefecture only has a toll road that goes through Kanazawa city that connects from Toyama and Fukui.

Re: Are there toll roads on the Noto Peninsula? 2019/2/28 13:56
There is no toll road (that I remember) on the Noto Peninsula, but there is a toll road that takes you from Kanazawa to the start of the Peninsula (which is close to the airport) from memory.
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Are there toll roads on the Noto Peninsula? 2019/2/28 15:05
Thank you everyone for your help. My question has been answered and I am most appreciative.
by Mark Darcy (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread